How long to receive RFE notice?

magogo

Registered Users (C)
I heard from the AVM that they sent a RFE notice last June 6 but until now, my lawyer hasn\'t received anything. I called this morning and talked with an IIO and said that I should wait until Friday to ask for another copy to be sent. IIO also told me that they have a backlog because of the extension of the LIFE ACT. This is frustrating. It\'s hard to wait specially if you know that lay offs are still happening around.

No Title

Back in early April 2001, it only took me 10 days to receive the RFE notice. But with the backlog, I heard that it\'s taking up to 2 months just to get a receipt.

No Title

I had similar experience. Normally you will have to wait for 14 days
before calling IIO in this matter.
In my case RFE was sent on Apr 18th after even a month me / my lawyer did not receive anything. Lawyer tried calling 2 or 3 times but
IIO did not give any proper response. Then we tried FAX inquiry, and that clicked INS sent another copy on May 25th and we received
that in a week.
Ask your lawyer to do FAX inquiry after 14 days of notice date,
INS is obligated to respond to FAX inquiry

CSC FAX 949-389-3484
PD : 12/97 EB3 INDIA ND : 9/99

No Title

My experience,

INS issued RFE on April 12th and my lawyer received it on April 18th.

No Title

AVM said that my RFE was issued on 4/27 (Thursday) and my lawyer received the copy on 4/30 (Monday).
I never got a copy. So, it may depend on who is handling your case.
After I replied, it took about 6 weeks for AVM update. I\'m still waiting for approval....