How long to receive EAD card after card production ordered E-mail !!

Atique.Rahman

Registered Users (C)
I just received an e-mail about my wife's EAD card production has been ordered last night. I was just wondering how long it takes to receive the card physically. Also with that card I'm sure she can apply for social security card, State ID
& Driver's license right ? Please share your experience.
Atique.

I would like to ask a question about issuance of EAD as well. Now lets say you already have a ssn# and your EAD is just approved. Can you start a new job with new employer before your EAD gets in mail. Or do you really have to wait for the actual card?

First we recieved a first notice, then a similar second notice three days after and then we received the third one five days after the second one stating they send us a notification that the card is approved, the EAD Card was enclosed.

Dod you get the card

Hi Rehman ...did you get ur card yet ? IF yes, on which date ? which Service center was it from ?
As per online status my EAD card was sent to me on 6/25. Its 7/4 today and I still did not receive the card. I am affraid it did not get forwareded to my new address. Do you know if the card envelop had “Return Service Requested” on it when you received it ? Thanks !!!

I would like to ask a question about issuance of EAD as well. Now lets say you already have a ssn# and your EAD is just approved. Can you start a new job with new employer before your EAD gets in mail. Or do you really have to wait for the actual card?

Depends on the employer. They're technically supposed to wait until they physically see your EAD, but if they allow you to work based on checking the online status without seeing the physical card, they won't get into trouble for letting you work because the effective date on the card will ultimately show that you were work-authorized on your start date.

As per online status my EAD card was sent to me on 6/25. Its 7/4 today and I still did not receive the card. I am affraid it did not get forwareded to my new address. Do you know if the card envelop had “Return Service Requested” on it when you received it ? Thanks !!!

You're right, it did not get forwarded. Most USCIS mails, especially those with cards in it, don't get forwarded by the post office; they are returned to USCIS. You'll need to change your address with USCIS for the EAD and I-485 (AR-11 is not enough) and make an Infopass appointment to find out what happened with your card.

Hi Rehman ...did you get ur card yet ? IF yes, on which date ? which Service center was it from ?

Well, First of all I'm a us citizen so I don't need that card but I applied that for my spouse.She received that card exactly 11 days after she received the card production E-mail. So you can expext yours another week or two for sure. No that envelope had no " Return Service Requested " written on it rather the envelope looked just a simple one , can't even say it's from USCIS. It was from MSC guess Missouri Service Center, Lee Summit, Mi.
Don't worry my friend since you got that card production E-mail you must receive your card within a week or two & interview letter is just after that. We received the interview letter after a week from that for August 2nd. Please pray for us.
Atique.