How Long to Proccess I130 (for one parent)?

dorlym

Registered Users (C)
I checked today for the I-130 processing dates at California Service Center and now they processing the May 5, 2005 forms. My receipt's date is April 26, 2005 and my case it has not changed yet. Anyone has the same situation???

In order to gain time, anyone could tell me the next steps to follow and the documents that I am going to need to to bring to my mother to USA quickly???

Thanks!!

:) :(

First of all, are you a US citizen or a permenant resident? Because, if you are a permenant resident, even after your petition is approved, you will have to wait for a visa number, which may take several months. However, if you're a Us citizen, your mother's visa number is current and you can file adjustment of status after the petition has been approved.

And wow, Cali is suprisingly fast. The Nebraska Service Center is only processing cases from April 2002--pathetic. Well here's the thing, if they are at a processing date older than yours, you should call them and check on the status of your case. I'm not sure exactly how long it takes for an i-130 petiton to be approved but you shouldn't be looking for too much longer of a wait.

The Documents you will need to file are the Adjustment of Status, the work permit--if she wants to work here-- and anything else you and her feel that she would need to do here.

Good luck with your case.

chills said:
First of all, are you a US citizen or a permenant resident? Because, if you are a permenant resident, even after your petition is approved, you will have to wait for a visa number, which may take several months. However, if you're a Us citizen, your mother's visa number is current and you can file adjustment of status after the petition has been approved.

And wow, Cali is suprisingly fast. The Nebraska Service Center is only processing cases from April 2002--pathetic. Well here's the thing, if they are at a processing date older than yours, you should call them and check on the status of your case. I'm not sure exactly how long it takes for an i-130 petiton to be approved but you shouldn't be looking for too much longer of a wait.

The Documents you will need to file are the Adjustment of Status, the work permit--if she wants to work here-- and anything else you and her feel that she would need to do here.

Good luck with your case.

Chills... ONLY a USC can apply I-130 for parents, a LPR CANNOT

In this case, the mother is not in US, so the question of I-485, I-765 is ruled out.

Last edited by a moderator:
dorlym said:
I checked today for the I-130 processing dates at California Service Center and now they processing the May 5, 2005 forms. My receipt's date is April 26, 2005 and my case it has not changed yet. Anyone has the same situation???

In order to gain time, anyone could tell me the next steps to follow and the documents that I am going to need to to bring to my mother to USA quickly???

Thanks!!

:) :(

You should call USCIS or get an INFOPASS to check on your case.

Ohh, then what formes would a person need to file to bring a relative that is outside of the US into the US?

Thanks All

THANKS ALL.

I Already called USCIS to check on my case. They told me that the process could be more longer...Maybe one or two months more... :(

I just want to know what documents or applications I will need after my I-130 is approved. :confused:

Thanks

Is your I-130 approved yet?

Don't worry about the forms. Once it is approved, they will send the next document for you to fill out and send themd back.

Gurus

I just got my I-130 receipt from CSC. It says it takes about 990 days.

I am confused. Is this true. I have applied for my mother and I am USC.

The process does not take 990 days. My friend could bring her mother here in year. good luck!

Affidavit of Support--What to do in my case

I have just applied I-130 for my mother. But now I am planning to resign from my Job, get trained and get into another job. It will take couple of months or so.

In the meantime if I get a letter for support? how should I handle this.
My wife is working.

Wow!!!
Does it really take that long for a USC to sponsor his/her parent thro CP? Until this time, I was thinking of sponsoring my Mom here (I-485) and Dad from India thro CP. But if CP is going to take about a year, it seems like a very bad idea to be separating my parents for such extended period of time. Even though my Mom can go to India when AP is approved, she can stay there only for a few weeks, just to play it safe and not have any problem with her GC approval.

Is there a link here or anywhere else, that gives time line about approval of GCs thro CP for immediate relatives? Any one please? This is crucial as this will help me to decide, where to start the process for my parents - U.S or CP? Thanks for any input.

We filed for my in-laws and my father-inlaws application got approved within month. But Mohter-in-laws application is still not approved.

I think if everything goes smoothly, it only takes about 6 months for cp.

I am going to apply for my parents’ GC soon. They are in US rightnow. I am trying to decide between AOS and CP. For CP, their I-130 will go to Vermont Service center.

Questions for Yamini Patel and others who are doing CP for parents
- Is it okay to file I-130 for CP while parents are in US legally?
- When you said about 6 months for CP, is it total time or after I-130 approval? Is it for Bombay consulate?

Thanks in advance for replies.

Yes, 6 months after the I-130 is approved. Yes, My in-laws will go to bomaby consulate.

I am not sure if it is legal or not to choose cp if your parents are in US. It should be ok I think. Because I know for spouse you can choose cp even if she/he is here in US.

Yamini Patel, thanks for the reply.

Hope your Mother-in-law's I-130 gets approved soon. Just wondering the reason for 3rd party check on her application. Did your husband have a birth certificate with his parents' names? Or did he do 2 affidavits alongwith non-availability certificate? Was your Mother-in-law's full name on his birth certificate? Was her name on his certificate different then on her passport?

Please continue to post their CP timeline as available.

Yes, my husband has sent birth certificate with his parent's name. No, her name is same on the birthcertificate and on the form.

Father-in-law:
PD: 9/28/05
Application Approved: 11/04/05
Recieved forms: I-864

Mother-in-law:
PD: 9/28/05

Sponsoring I-130 for my parents

This thread has a lot of useful information and I thank everyone for their contribution. I have a couple of questions regarding sponsoring GC (thru CP route) for my parents after I get my citizenship:

1) When we checked on the birth certificate for my mother, the registrar office found that her birth was registered on a different date (that is different from all the other documents). We were actually thinking that the birth was not registered and were planning on getting the affidavits. Any ideas how we can handle this?

2) Looks like we need our parents' marriage certificate as a supporting document for my father's 130. My parents are sure that the marriage is not registered. Would an affidavit work in this case also?

Thanks in advance for any of your inputs.

-Rajesh

About I-130 an the US Consulates process

The I-130 normally takes about 3 months in some states to be approved. The other process depends on the American consulate in Country where your family is. I have a friend that her I-130 was approved in 3 months, but the U.S Consolate in her country got her permission to come to US after about 9 months .Every thing depends on your luck. Good Luck! :)