How long to get US passport?

how many pictures needed for applying for passport?

Hi guys:

How many pictures do I need to provide while applying for the passport?

Thank you very much in advance for your reply,

Jack

Just to give you guys some update. I applied at the local city hall on Nov 1, today Nov 27 I received my US passport. I am in the Seattle area and my passport is the eletronic version. By the way, you can forget about the online case status, mine never showed through-out the entire process, but 3 1/2 weeks is fairly quick, can't complain.

*edited. Yes I applied Nov 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
AwaySooner said:
Just to give you guys some update. I applied at the local city hall on Nov 11, today Nov 27 I received my US passport. I am in the Seattle area and my passport is the eletronic version. By the way, you can forget about the online case status, mine never showed through-out the entire process, but 3 1/2 weeks is fairly quick, can't complain.

Great info. I think you meant 2 1/2 weeks, right? Or may be you applied on Nov. 1, not 11. I applied for mine 2 weeks ago using regular service. It didn't show online yet but the check has been chashed. This is in Houston.

Alex_I said:
Great info. I think you meant 2 1/2 weeks, right? Or may be you applied on Nov. 1, not 11. I applied for mine 2 weeks ago using regular service. It didn't show online yet but the check has been chashed. This is in Houston.
Yup, nothing shows up online , I don't think online status is working at all. Thanks/ J7

people who are getting passports these days - please post whether it is a new electronic passport or the traditional one.

US Passport

I still get the regular passport not E-passport , I heard there are only a few states that are issuing E-passport.

J7

I think only Colorado, Boston, Miami and Washington passport agencies are issuing e-passports. Few people posted about getting e-passports from Boston. Anyone else who got e-passport?

If I live in Texas, does it automatically mean that my passport would go through the Houston Passport Agency or that does not matter?

E-passport

Most likely, all of you who apply for your passport, hope that it comes to the Washington DC passport agency, because it issues only e-passport.

As of Aug 14th, 2006, State Dept issued a press to all that e-passport are a new way forward. My wife got her's last week, very nice and colorful... :p

If you are traveling, use an expedited service to ease your pain and frustration.... :rolleyes:

Each passport agency covers certain states. Houston agency covers Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and New Mexico.

Al Southner said:
Most likely, all of you who apply for your passport, hope that it comes to the Washington DC passport agency, because it issues only e-passport.

As of Aug 14th, 2006, State Dept issued a press to all that e-passport are a new way forward. My wife got her's last week, very nice and colorful... :p

If you are traveling, use an expedited service to ease your pain and frustration.... :rolleyes:

Al Southner, when did your wife get her e-passport and did she apply at the Washington D.C. agency?