How long to get the actual card.

I am on the same boat, my case was approved on 1/17/07 after filing Writ of Mandamus. Still waiting for the card...The immigration office told me that the card manufactory is 3 to 6 months behind. :rolleyes: I am in Northern California.
does that mean you have to wait another 30-60 days beyond the 30 days it says to mail the card? when i called the 1800 number, they told me i would have to file a new I90 (w/o the fee) and say the card was never received.

good question! I got approved from a local office after mandamus, the officer was nasty and she told me the card will be here in the next 3 months after stamp on passport. I believe her? No . I don't see the time to get thought the process. The stamp said working authorization until October :confused: why there is a time limit for working when I got the I-551. It does mean I should renew it before the year?

when i got my approval letter from local office it said you would get the physical card sometime this year !!! I do not know why it would take so much time .. I also do not know which service center would process it.. Atleast they gave me the temp stamp valid for 1 year .. I am now waiting for almost a month ..

Wait for more than a mOnth

Hi Namestuck, I am also waiting for more than a month. Still No luck. Did you receive the card?

I have been waiting since my approval date on my I751 on Feb 6, 07 and still no greencard. Anyone in the same boat???

Waiting

I have been waiting since my approval date on my I751 on Feb 6, 07 and still no greencard. Anyone in the same boat???

The Green Card has to come between 30 and 60 days. I think you might have waited too long. You need to call the Customer Service (vermont, nebraska,california or texas) whichever area you fall under and request them to start a Inquiry to see why its taking this long.

Regards,

Ananmalai96

I got my card in 12 days after the approval. It says in the welcome notice that if you don't receive your card in 3 weeks after getting the notice, you should call customer service.

The Green Card has to come between 30 and 60 days. I think you might have waited too long. You need to call the Customer Service (vermont, nebraska,california or texas) whichever area you fall under and request them to start a Inquiry to see why its taking this long.

Regards,

Ananmalai96

Called without any success. I went in to the DO with infopass and all they did was take a my fingerprint, stamp my passport and took my expired green card. They told me i should get the card soon but this has been for over one month now and no card or letter. Is there another way for me to get an answer that makes sense from the USCIS?

Thanks

Called without any success. I went in to the DO with infopass and all they did was take a my fingerprint, stamp my passport and took my expired green card. They told me i should get the card soon but this has been for over one month now and no card or letter. Is there another way for me to get an answer that makes sense from the USCIS?

Thanks

I am kind of in a similar postion. It has taken more than 50 days since my date of approval and I have not received the Card. USCIS vermont (Customer Service) said they will start a inquiry with my local District Office to see why it is taking this long for the local office to order my G.C.

Since I have a long history with USCIS and I dont trust them anymore, I have written a letter to my Senator's Office and they have promised to help me out. You can also try the same, contact your Senator or Congressmen for help.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Annamalai96

Hi Annamalai

I am still waiting i was approved on 4/20 .. I got a letter on 5/20 asking me to send new pics as my old ones were no longer good .. i sent the pics but i have not heard back anything yet so still waiting for the physical GC:(

Finally I Am Seeing Green!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am kind of in a similar postion. It has taken more than 50 days since my date of approval and I have not received the Card. USCIS vermont (Customer Service) said they will start a inquiry with my local District Office to see why it is taking this long for the local office to order my G.C.

Since I have a long history with USCIS and I dont trust them anymore, I have written a letter to my Senator's Office and they have promised to help me out. You can also try the same, contact your Senator or Congressmen for help.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Annamalai96

It looks like the infopass appointment and taking the passport size photographs to the USCIS DO worked as I got my ten year green card in the mail today 06/05/2007. I went to the DO on 05/01/2007 and I was informed by the USCIS via the toll free number that my approval date was 02/06/07. I 751 Application filed on 03/02/06.

Thanks all for answering all my questions and helping me to stay sane through all of this:D :D :D

Need some help

I went through Consular Processing In Mumbai successfully on 5th June 2007, entered the US back with the 6 month I-551 Immigrant Visa Stamp. I have a few questions

a) How do I track the physical green card arrival ( any websites etc online??)
b) When in Mumbai at the consulate they signed a undertaking that this stamp is specific to the employer and I will lose it if I change my employer or lose my job. Is this valid even after I get my physical GC or only till the time I get my physical GC.

Please help

KP

I went through Consular Processing In Mumbai successfully on 5th June 2007, entered the US back with the 6 month I-551 Immigrant Visa Stamp. I have a few questions

a) How do I track the physical green card arrival ( any websites etc online??)
b) When in Mumbai at the consulate they signed a undertaking that this stamp is specific to the employer and I will lose it if I change my employer or lose my job. Is this valid even after I get my physical GC or only till the time I get my physical GC.

Please help

KP

You can take an "InfoPass" appointment and ask the Immigration officer.

You can make Infopass appointment through the website

http://www.uscis.gov

This website also has a online tracking system to track the progress of your case online.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Annamalai

I got approved at a local office (Houston) 30 days ago; today I went to see my status and they told me that it was transfered back to TSC for printing of GC two weeks ago! I have an approval letter from my local office but nothing official (Welcome to the US). Is anyone in the same situation or experienced something like it? I need to travel in a month and they wouldn't stamp my passport today either.

I got approved at a local office (Houston) 30 days ago; today I went to see my status and they told me that it was transfered back to TSC for printing of GC two weeks ago! I have an approval letter from my local office but nothing official (Welcome to the US). Is anyone in the same situation or experienced something like it? I need to travel in a month and they wouldn't stamp my passport today either.

Mine was transfered to Vermont one month ago and I am still waiting for the Card. The best thing you can do is to get your passport stamped which is valid for both Travel as well as Employment. I am not sure if they can refuse to Stamp your passport. May be you can explain to them that you plan to travel and need this Stamped.

Good Luck.

Annamalai

Well, My GC was approved on 6th June, Had my CODE 2 Biometrics on 22nd June. On 26th I went to the local office and got my passport stamped for 6 months. I am still waiting for the Card. My status has changed back to :-

"On February 24, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done."

I am worried and confused.

I'm still waiting. My approval was April 24 (over 60 days ago) at local office then I was called in for my 2nd fingerprints on May 10th and I thought that would do it. According to InfoPass my case was transfered back to TSC from local office June 7th (almost 30 days ago and 30 days after my fingerprints were taken!) and I still haven't gotten a thing. Not even the message online has changed about my case. The only thing I have to prove my case was approved is a letter I received at the local office.

I've sent letters to everyone that I can think of but so far no luck. My senator's office response was that i needed to wait at least 60 days -- isn't it 60 days from approval?

Oh and btw, they still wont stamp my passport. According to my local office they don't stamp passports anymore because of how quick it is to get your GC...yeah....right!

Appeared Late for Biometrics ?

My case was approved on 6/27 and got the paper notice of approval on 07/03. No card mailed email or card yet. What I've learned is that if you appear for biometrics later than their scheduled day, it some how delays your biometrics from getting sent to your processing center which causes the delay in ordering your card. I got an email yesterday, confirmation for my change of address, mentioning that my case was approved on 06/27 and that they do not have my biometrics and that I should wait for them to send me biometrics appointment again.

how to get the stamp

Can someone please tell me the process of getting green card stamp on the passport - what documents etc are required. i have to travel and can't wait the 30 days for the card to arrive.

Thanks