How long to get SSN after EAD

What forms haven't been updated? The form I-9 mention forms that are not issue anymore but they are still valid for the ones who have those like the I-197 listed in the List C. Updated forms you can find them at www.uscis.gov

Check your state DMV rules. When I was here visiting I always checked that I could drive with my country's DL for the length of my I-94.

Your credit/debit card for out of the US should work fine (and around the world that is why people have visa/master card/AE) but to pay it you will have to pay extra charges for money transfer from here to your card account unless you still have money or put money in your country's bank so you can pay the card through it. That is why it is easier to get a credit/debit card here if you can have a SSN.

If you are driving with your international DL but you suppose are living here (resident or not longer a tourist/ I-94 expired) without a state driver's license they not only can write you a ticket in your presence but they can put you in jail.

Every state is different and has its own rules so check each state or call because what appears on the website something already changed and is not longer valid.

Patty good luck!! yeah same thing happened to me I had to surrender my country's DL (the only thing I had to do the written test but they give me the DL the same day) but in my country I can drive with a US DL for 90 days so that's fine by me...I would probably get a new DL.

patty 579...what is the form Number of the iEAD that you got at the info pass. Is it I-688? Did they attach a photo.
The EAD that comes from MSC is I-766..the white card.So which list does that belong to? It has a photo. Should it not come in List A..or does it come in srl 10 List C.

Yes, the iEAD is I-688B, it has a picture and a fingerprint. I'm pretty sure that the EAD should be on the A-List, because it's ID and work authorization in one document.
I'm not positive though. I guess it's up to the employer, what they need to see apart from your Social Security Number and work authorization.

Cherr... thanks! :)

I may break the record for longest time to get INTERVIEW LETTER :mad: , but I nearly fell over when my husban'd Social Security Card arrived one week after he applied for it ! :eek:

Maybe they feel bad cuz they know we're "memphis" people and wanted to throw us a bone...s'ok, I'll take it... ;)

About SSN

I got my Green Card Stamp on Aug 31. Then in the afternoon, I went to the SSO to apply for my SSN. They gave me paper saying that it might take 4 weeks if... Also, the staff there told me that they will hold my application for ten days to varify my case. If after ten days nothing happens, they will send my application to INS to confirm my case. It will last for about one month sometimes!!!
I just got my job offer on Sep 2nd and I really really need my SSN done ASAP and so felt the boss. Honestly, they really need me to start working there ASAP and as a result honestly I am a bit afraid that I will lost a very good job opportunity.
I wonder, except waiting, is there any other ways that I can take to make the whole process faster? :confused: