How long to get passport ?

I got the passport today. Strange that it still shows as "not found" on the website.

-ML

5/8/2008 - Citizenship Oath
5/8/2008 - Passport applied (at post office, expedite with overnight round trip mail)
5/9/2008 - USPS delivery confirmation (received 11 am)
5/14/2008 - application was forwarded to Boston office (per 800#)
5/21/2008 - passport and naturaliztion certificate received
5/21/2008 - still listed as "not found" on passport web site
5/26/2008 - flying out of the country for vacation

How was your same-day (oath / passport application)? Pretty straight-forward?

Enjoy your vacation and new passport!!

Hi,
I really need some help from you guys.... I applied for my citizenship early this year and went through the normal process. During the process, I booked a trip and I'm suppose to leave June 6th. I have my citizenship oath on May 28th of next week. What would be the timeline to get the passport if I go to the Hudson St. New York agency and apply in person? They state state to do that if you are leaving within 2 weeks but I only have 7 - 8 days. Will I be able to get my passport within 7 - 8 days?

Any help would be great. :)

i applied for passport on 05/07/08 (regular processing) there is no status online for me andi called yesterday and the guy said... its in the process

but their online systems works for some and dont.

Hi,
I really need some help from you guys.... I applied for my citizenship early this year and went through the normal process. During the process, I booked a trip and I'm suppose to leave June 6th. I have my citizenship oath on May 28th of next week. What would be the timeline to get the passport if I go to the Hudson St. New York agency and apply in person? They state state to do that if you are leaving within 2 weeks but I only have 7 - 8 days. Will I be able to get my passport within 7 - 8 days?

Any help would be great. :)

If you apply in person and have proof of travel (within the next 14 days, which you obviously do), you can pick up your passport that same day - or the next afternoon at the very latest. Seeing you have one week from application to travel - you will most likely be given priority and get the passport the same day. Go ahead and make an appointment for May 29th or May 30th at the passport agency! Do not waste time! If you do not hurry, you may not find any open slots.

Expedited Passport takes 6-7 business days in Bay Area

Hi Folks
Just wanted to update you all.

I ad my wife applied for our US passports together on May 16 (Fri) afternoon, and i received mine on May 28 and My wife's today on May 29.
Not couting the weekends and Memorial day holiday, it took 6-7 business days for us, not counting the day we sent the docs and the day we got it.
This is pretty quick.

Also if you apply expedited, I think they send you the Nat. Certificate and the passport together, unlike as in regular processing where they send them separately, generally the Nat certificate comes a few days after the passport.

So now have to get a PIO for india so that i can travel asap. Anyone has any idea how long a PIO is taking now a days?

Regards