How long to get desicion

eb2007

Registered Users (C)
I submitted my response to RFE in Eb1b category on Aug 26th 2008 (Received date). May I know how long will it take to get the decision now? The case is at NSC and recently akmm (forum member) got decision in 6 days after submission of his response. I am concerned as I have to travel to India but want to do it after the decision is out.
Thanks

Thanks GC-Hopes! Yes travel to India is not connected but I plan to use EAD and AP as soon as I140 is approved (I want to start second job). If God forbid denied, then I will have to look for other options.

I submitted my response to RFE in Eb1b category on Aug 26th 2008 (Received date). May I know how long will it take to get the decision now? The case is at NSC and recently akmm (forum member) got decision in 6 days after submission of his response. I am concerned as I have to travel to India but want to do it after the decision is out.
Thanks

sorry to hear about the delay. I exactly know how it feels at this stage.
best of luck my friend.
I hope your case will be approved soon.

I remember being in touch with you when I was preparing my own response to RFE. How did you actually respond and what all documents you provided ?

I know it is easier said than done...but relax...your approval in on the way.....

sorry to hear about the delay. I exactly know how it feels at this stage.
best of luck my friend.
I hope your case will be approved soon.

I remember being in touch with you when I was preparing my own response to RFE. How did you actually respond and what all documents you provided ?

I know it is easier said than done...but relax...your approval in on the way.....

Thanks akmm for all your wishes! I was asked for permanent position proof and also other evidences for award, membership and my credentials as a peer reviewer.
For permanent position- my attorney has submitted my original hiring letter and a renewal letter stating that the Univ intends to keep me as a permanent employee. Univ policy procedures and codes were also submitted.
Award- I had some awards from India and I got independent letters from Professors in India that talked about importance and selection procedure of those awards.
Membership- We did not claim membership as it was a paid regular membership.
My credential as a peer reviewer- I got letters from editors of 3 journals.
My qualification as outstanding researcher- I got about 10 letters from people all around the world who cited my work.
International recognition- Evidenced by the letters (above) and i provided a country wise distributed citation graph that shows my work is followed and cited in different countries.

I saw the response my attorney has submitted and I should say it looked great. I pray to God to accept our all effort in this regard!!
Please suggest......if RFE is handled properly or not??
Thanks

Thanks akmm for all your wishes! I was asked for permanent position proof and also other evidences for award, membership and my credentials as a peer reviewer.
For permanent position- my attorney has submitted my original hiring letter and a renewal letter stating that the Univ intends to keep me as a permanent employee. Univ policy procedures and codes were also submitted.
Award- I had some awards from India and I got independent letters from Professors in India that talked about importance and selection procedure of those awards.
Membership- We did not claim membership as it was a paid regular membership.
My credential as a peer reviewer- I got letters from editors of 3 journals.
My qualification as outstanding researcher- I got about 10 letters from people all around the world who cited my work.
International recognition- Evidenced by the letters (above) and i provided a country wise distributed citation graph that shows my work is followed and cited in different countries.

I saw the response my attorney has submitted and I should say it looked great. I pray to God to accept our all effort in this regard!!
Please suggest......if RFE is handled properly or not??
Thanks

I think your attorney did a good job. Lets hope for the best. My best wishes for you. I am sure your approval is on the way.

As you might recall I just had to furnish my original hiring letter and the copy of employee manual which I did. I guess since there was not much to see in my RFE response, I had a quick approval. In your case, the official will have to spend some time going through the paperwork that you submitted. Also, being a week with long weekend holiday, things are slow this first week of September. I am sure the pace will pick up next week and you will see your approval.

Keep us all updated.

Hi akmm,
It looks like you and I filed almost at the same time. I concurrently filed last year Oct. What is the status of your I485? Did you try to call USCIS?

Hi akmm,
It looks like you and I filed almost at the same time. I concurrently filed last year Oct. What is the status of your I485? Did you try to call USCIS?

My I-485 is still pending.
No, I never tried calling USCIS for that. I guess its a waste of time. The processing times currently on display at the USCIS website mention July 02, 2007 as the processing date for Employment-based I-485s. So, my case is clearly out of their processing range. I know I will get a standard reply and this will cost me an hour or so on the phone....so I am being patient....:eek: