How long to get approved after the I-485 interview and providing more documents at San Jose INS

captain168

I had an interview two months ago and provided INS some more documents as requested two weeks later at San Jose INS Office. It has been more than one and a half months since all documents were complete.

Any one has or knows someone has such experience please let me know how long does it usually take to process it since all documents completion? It is the San Jose Office. Are there any ways to trace the status ?

Thanks in advance. Appreciate your info.

It doesn\'t look quite normal. What docs were you requested?

Captain,

I\'m an interview waiter to San Jose local INS.
As you know, they give approval right on the day of the interview, or when you show any more evidence they are asking.
But, your case is showing that there could be a slightly different one.
If you don\'t mind, will you post what documents they wanted additionally?

Good luck to you.
-Hal

No Title

Hm, a couple of other people will do interviews this month. We will keep you posted with our experience.

At some point you can contact the local congress woman and ask her staff to inquire at the INS. They are *extremelly* nice.

Good luck!

I am in the same boat

Interviewed two months ago at San Francisco office but I am still waiting for the approval letter. No more documents were asked for by the interviewing officer.

How long did it take (since your file transferred) to get the interview? Also, have you contacted t

No Title

It took about two months. Two weeks ago I wrote an inquiry to the INS office about my case, but have not heard anything.

I think I would go there to see what is going on. Or at least to get the phone number of the one wh

For me it is one month that my file is transferred, but I am still waiting to get the interview.

Thank you guys. Out of a sudden. I got approved.

I appreciate you suggestions. Fortunately, I got a phone call from the officer saying she didn\'t receive my docs. Then I went INS in person and fortunately I reached her in person and proved her that the docs already received by INS. Then she approved me right away.

Lesson from this is: 1- You have to send important docs with certified mail. (even this, it may lost). 2- If something abnormal happens, try your best to trace it. 3- Usually they process this right away (a couple of weeks).

Thanks again. Good luck to you all.

Congrats!

Captain,

I was really surprised to have seen your case, which looked like very abnormal.
Anyway, it\'s a very good news that you\'ve got approval after some mysterious happenings.

Congrats again on your happy ending!

-Hal

No Title

Congrats Captain!

Can you share some info on the interview: documents requested, questions asked ?

My interview was simple

INS gave you a list of materials to prepare to the interview. I was asked the birth certificate which is not on the list in the interview. No typical interview questions like "are you a member of Communist Party" for me. Just to present the officer whatever materials he/she wanted, like the employment verification letter, etc.

I was asked the clearance letters from the local police departments of cities I have lived in the past 5 years. So if you had done 3-5 finger prints before an interview, prepare the clearance letter, so that if you are requested only this, you could get approved right away. Good luck.

What is "the local police departments of cities" ?

What is "the local police departments of cities"?
Where is it? (in downtown SJ or something else)
How long does the police department prepare the clearance letters ?

Thank you.

Interview1