How long to get approval/denial after RFE answered

kv2002

Registered Users (C)
I received a query on my H1-B extension (7th year) and Vermont BCIS received my lawyer's reply on Dec 10th and sofar nothing happened? Online update site says 60 -120 days.??????

Does anyone know, How many days/weeks/months does it take to get a decision after a RFE is replied? I can not take this delay anymore. It is exhausting throughly me and my family. Extension was applied on July 2003 normal process.

hey, my rfe was received by vsc on 15th of dec,2003. still no response as of jan 31, 2004..did you get it yet?

Not Yet.

Cannot believe it is taking so long. I am just fedup with this 60 to 120 days online update...

Still ....Not Yet...

They heard me, I think. Now the online status site says "90 to 120 Days". What a great update to keep me feel good about this.

Did anyone else noticed the change in projected dates or it is just me?

Well, In my case , is it 90 to 150 days now( used to be 60 to 90)..Did you mean 90 to 120 or 90 to 150?

kv2002, nyctechie:

Just a thought ...try calling USCIS 800 number and find out if they can expedite this since it is taking a lot longer than previously intimated.

It may move faster once the new H-1B quota has expired!

hmm..in my case it has been more than 2 months since my rfe was received by INS.. Did you talk to your lawyer? I'll do the same soon..However I'm not so much worried about the delay (as long as I get it eventually) because the waiting period will not be counted towards my visa..so thats basically free time;-)

My lawyer said she will put a status update query soon. She wasnt positive on getting a reply from vermont bcis for her query. I will update you on this.

How come your waiting time is not counted as your visa usage time. Isn't yours a H1 extension?

Donot think you get free time, pending time will be counted for thats what the impression my lawyer gave me when i asked her the same last year

well, I don't think so. That would be the case for a transnfer or extension but not for a new h1b I guess. Cuz my new visa will be effective from the date they issue it and not the day I filed my application.

something to share

Hi Guys,

My lawyer told me that, BCIS has informed him that I will get a reply in 3 weeks time. Just wanted to update you all.

new h1b

pending time is included in the period of the new h1b visa. i just got mine approved and it is valid for the next 2 years and a half, because i waited 6 months for an approval, so...you see it is included

I see..was it a "fresh" h1b or a renewal? I have a friend on H1b ..in his case waiting period was not included..I don't know..INS folks are nuts..

Not yet.

Not yet.

1) Mine was applied on Jul 2003. (H1-B 7th year extn)
2) Received RFE during Oct 2003.
3) RFE answered and received by INS on Dec 10th.

No update after that.

Is this normal????