How long to approval

You got it right.... It does not matter the PD. What matters is if PD is current. If PD is current applications are processed based on RD at USCIS.

The whole problem is that DOL and USCIS are not in sync. So there are two queues here. And worst DOL was working a craziest way an organization in term of foriegn labor approval.

I started my labor works in the mid of 2002 and my federal region was San Francisco. A friend of me started his case after alomst one and a half years than mine. He got his labor from Wyoming in 3 months and got his GC in 2 years. Eventhough DOL is a fed org, LC approvals were more kind of a localized thing.

But with the inception of PERM all that is history. There won't be much discrepancy in terms of PD and RD for people who are going through PERM.

Unfortunately we have to go through all these bullshit.

good luck
babu

Lets say A has PD Jan 2003, filed his/her I485 in Jan 2004 and person B has PD Jan 2002 and filed I485 in Jan 2005. Based on above comments, I assume person A gets GC sooner than person B because of RD provided NC and all checks have been cleared, which makes sense for me.

Otherwise there will be huge confusion due to clearing of labour backlogs ?

Hi Babu...Thanx for ur info!
Guys i will update the info on monday abt my infopass interview!

babu,

I am in the same situation like nimmi, I am on EB3 my priority date is jan 2003 and 485ND is start of 2007...I took an infopass for monday to check on namechecks, can you advice me how I should proceed and what to ask the immigration officer..

Show your 485 receipt and tell'm that you came to know
the status of your case. They will pull it computer and will read
the online message. Then ask if your name check is cleared. you can
ask about finger print reviews and other back ground checks too.

Some officers are mean and won't tell you. so pray to get a nice officer.

Good luck and update your experience.

babu,

I am in the same situation like nimmi, I am on EB3 my priority date is jan 2003 and 485ND is start of 2007...I took an infopass for monday to check on namechecks, can you advice me how I should proceed and what to ask the immigration officer..

Last time (and the only time) I went to Infopass I saw on the computer that I am in the weird status: pre-adjudicated - pending review. I was unable to tell if I am pre-adjudicated or there is a review of pre-adjudication there is pending. S

Hello Guys,
I went to infopass today..its weast of time she doesnt know anything..she is just reading the same info what evr we can see online!!?

She is saying ur case in NSC so she dont have any info abt my case and she asked me to talk to NSC by calling 1-800 number.
So i did called NSC also they also reading the same thing from online info and they told i will get some info abt thuis case with in 45days!?
Guys any experiance with the same way!? any ideas!? what going to happened next!??
they may esculate my case from now!??

Nimmi,

same experience, only news he could give me is that my namechecks are cleared, any luck on your name checks..also wuts the 1-800# you called

Magicard,
No luck on name check she doesnt know anything..i called the numebr on our 485 reciept.

I can't believe those people sitting there. Many of them
don't have a clue what they are doing. Sorry about that nimmi.
I think if you try again after a week or so, it would work. Each
time I go, I see differnt people sitting there.

Magicard,
No luck on name check she doesnt know anything..i called the numebr on our 485 reciept.

Hi Babu,

Really..I dont think they know anything other than online info..that is pretty much we can see!?!?
Do u think better go one mroe time...its nto a big deal for me bcz its walkable distance for me from my work!!
but the thing is they r saying i filed in NSC and I am asking CA..do u think still we may have some luck!??
Thanks in Advance!

Nimmi
They can't give you much information. But they can definitley tell you
1) if your name check is cleared.
2) Finger printing is cleared.
I also live in the west coast. There is no point in that NSC blah blah argument. They have a centralized computer system.

I think it would be worth trying another appointment. But if you end up with the same officer, you may not get much info. One thing you can do is to talk to a supervisor.

good luck
babu

How likely is it for NSC to approve 485 case received after the process time, disregarding name check? Have you heard of any?
I would like to time my marriage and trips abroad in the next months. I want to make sure my spouse get H4 when my 485 is pending. Thank you for your information.

Very likely.

How likely is it for NSC to approve 485 case received after the process time, disregarding name check? Have you heard of any?
I would like to time my marriage and trips abroad in the next months. I want to make sure my spouse get H4 when my 485 is pending. Thank you for your information.