How long the Medical is valid

dontaskname

Registered Users (C)
Hello Experts,

How long the medical is valid ?

We did our medical during Sep2001. Just worried do we have to do Medical again !!!!

Thanks for your reply.

1 year or more I think...

six months is too little, all october / november cases will need to redo medicals in that case !

Medical are valid for one year. If it takes longer than a year to adjudciate your case than I suppose the medicals have to be redone.

Medical should not be older than 6 months at the time of filing of 485. Unlike finger printing, Medical is done only once, no matter how long 485 adjucation takes.

Give us some reference

goodsaint,

Can you give us good reference to confirm this.

-ChiefCook2002 (Formerly ChiefCook)

My lawyer told that medical is good for 1 year.
We did medical at April 2001 and ND is March 2002.

Medical validation

I think so goodsaint is right, only we need to find validation from some known resources.

Medical done only once but is valid if not more than 6 months before filing 485

Medical done only once but valid till 6 months prior to 485

Guys here is a link.
Do a search on Medical and it will take you there. I am pasting it here anyways.

There was a MEDICAL EXAM question in the Wednesday Questions and Answers two weeks ago. Somebody said that she may have to wait until her baby is born before she can do medical exam and file I-485. My question is: Can one do medical exam before one's I-140 is approved, if she plan to have baby now and may need to wait six more months for I-140 to be approved?

A: The results of the medical exam that must be taken for the adjustment phase of your residency are only good for one year. It is very likely that your exam results will expire before the time when you need them for adjustment if you take the exam now before the approval of your I-140.

Link.
http://www.usvisanews.com/wedquest032101.html
PS: I am not a lawyer but he is. :D :D :D :D

I hope

I hope good saint is right. I hate injections .. especially when I need to pay for them. #*#&$(*&#(@*&*()@#&(@*#&(@*& #*(@&*() INS.

BTW, if I need to take medical #2, does INS pay for it? :confused: (No need to reply I know the answer).

http://www.usvisanews.com/wedquest080702.html

. Thanks to the new law, I have become eligible to adjust status based on my pending I-140 petition. I had my medical exam done two years ago in preparation for an adjustment application based on marriage to a U.S. citizen, which was never filed because we decided to divorce. My question is, can I submit the medical exam results which were done for that process now with my new adjustment?

A: No. Medical examination results are only good for one year. You will need to have an INS-authorized physician conduct an examination and complete new forms.