How long the iEAD is valid?

longGC

Registered Users (C)
I filed my EAD electronically but there is no sign of approval. I read many stories on this board that eEAD (electronically filed EAD) takes more time than regular EAD.

I will go to local office and get an interim EAD. I have seen posts here that validity period for iEAD varies. Could someone tell me based on their experience; that is, if you have got iEAD, what was the validity period and your local service center name. ( because it appears that, different service center issue iEAD for different periods).

iEAD Validity Period?
Local Service Center Name?

Thanks.

One of colleague here is 2001 December filer for I-485. He has completed two EAD terms. Recently he applied for third EAD. Three days before he received denial notice citing 274 12a c (9) section. They are mentioning that they do not have his I485 pending. Notice also says he is not eligible for appeal?

What should he do now? He did not have attorney for EAD. But contacting his company attorney tomorrow.

One more question He got IEAD. Is it valid now?

tammy2,

This is new to me. There must be an error. You can have EAD as long as your 485 is pending. But why is that his EAD is denied?How come they don't have his 485? And why he can not appeal?

Please open a separate thread and get as much info as possible from him. May be someone here will benefit from his experience.

Longgc,
I had a very frustrating experience on thursday at the Arlington, VA office.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124542

I made 1 trip on wednesday afternoon - futile and then thursday morning, reached at 6.30 am with my wife.
we left the local at 12 pm with IEAD , and our IEAD are only valid for 3 months.
It sucked and was very random because the guy next to me got IEAD valid for 6 months maybe becos he was applying for the 1st ead or whatever reason.

GC6020 had gone to this same arlington office in march and had got a IEAD valid for 1 yr.

HI,
WE applied our EAD on Jan20th by online. We didn't receive my ead. Last tuesday we went to the Charleston,sc office for IEAD and we got it for 1 year. First INS lady told us we can't give IEAD who applied by electronically then we showed TSC received letter copy then she gave IEAD.
Thanks

we filed our EAD on Jan 16 th 2004 online. So far we didn't get approved. Last Monday we went to Local Houston office. they said EAD department works only Wednesday, thursday and friday. We went on wednesday morning at 7.30 stood in the line about 2 hrs to get the token,and at the counter they said no more tokens for today, come another day. We went again on thursday at 4.30 AM there were already around 100 people waiting there in the line. doors opened at 6.00 AM, stood in the line 1 hour to get the token, After got the token,waited 3 hours for our turn. She issued IEAD for 8 months till Dec 28 2004 and asked us to come back on friday morning 7 AM to take the Photo and for the EAD. So my whole week is gone for this EAD.

My wife got iEAD for 8 months from Miami office. Although we had appointment, we still spent 4 hours there.

I guess I am not the only one. I e-filed my third EAD online in Jan 04 and got an IEAD Apr 04 for 8 months. Yesterday received a denial notice citing 274 12a c (9) section. They say that they unable to find my pending I-485 and notice also says not eligible for appeal?

I spoke with my attorney, she is of the opinion that the IEAD is still valid. Only thing we can do is talk to USCIS and point out the problem. Since the IEAD is valid till Dec 04, she suggested to apply for a new EAD (no e-file) sometime in Sept!!

I have taken an appointment via InfoPass, to meet with an Immigration officer - will let you know how that goes.

Tammy2, did your colleague had also e-filed ?

GC6020 had mentioned he got his IEAD and then they issued denial to his e-filed EAD because they said since he had got his EAD.

Jxg1999, thanks for the update on your case.
AFter I got my IEAD on thursday, I called the 800 number and told those idiots to initiate inquiry in our cases. they said
I should expect to hear within 30 days or call us back.
By the way, Jxg1999, where are you located since you can go for Infopass appt ? Dallas or Florida ?

This sucks..:mad: I feel we naively brought this on ourselves by making a mistake of E-FILING for EAD

Update on 4th May - The online system shows our applications were touched on 3rd may. This should be because of my call on thursday. But status is not changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the approval of my GC, I visit the forum often to see how things are going with you all. I noticed new people have joined the forum.
I am glad longGC is back in status. I can identify with everyone situation here. Please hang in. All will be well soon! It is just a matter of time!!
All the best