How Long More Before I Get The Cards

nbimports

Registered Users (C)
Hello Gurus,

My approval entered on USCIS data base on April 26 and digitally sent to Montana where the cards are made.How long more before i receive the cards.
Any advice will appreciated.(This info supplied frm.Congressman's office)

PD:April 30,01 VSC
RD:March 19,02
ND:April 25,02
Category:EB3
1.FP July 30,02
2.FP June 22,04
1.EAD June 17,02
2.EAD July 08,03
AOS Interview July 22,04 NYC
3.EAD Oct 05,04
4.EAD Oct 13,04
NC,DOB Check Cleared(As per Congressman)
Cogressional Aid gave me the good news March 29,2006
3 FP April 4 2006
Approved and GC order form filled at Federal Plaza April 7, 2006
Waiting for the cards :confused:

In my case, I was told by congressman's office to wait for another 4-6 weeks for cards from the approval date since our cases are in local office, so you will receive it soon. Please post your info here once you receive your card, thanks!

havent recieved the cards ... still waiting for the aproval letter ... any body knows how they send cards ?

Hi archer 747, :) :)

Your case is similar to mine.I still havent received any kind of approval letter from USCIS but congressman's office did that's how we went for finger printing and with another appointment went to Federal Plaza to do the final processings.Like index finger printing,given photos and signing the I 89 form.They did not stamped our pp because they told us processing is so fast and we will get the cards in the mail soon.This happenned on April 7 and 3 days later will be one month.But as congressman aid said our approval was entered on USCIS data base on April 26.and digitally sent to Montana where
physical plastic cards are made.So it looks like we will all get our cards pretty soon.I wish luck to everyone who has been waiting for a long long time. :)
See my posts for details.

nbimport,

Mine was orginally filed to VSC, then got transferred to NYC local office and we had an interview there.

my case is the same VSC and NYC.Because of that i can't follow up with my case online.My attorney told me that i cannot follow my case from USCIS web side.How about you ?

Online status never changed after the case was transferred to NYC. Please keep update here. I will go to a conference tomorrow and back here on May 11. See you then.

Still wait for biometrics and the card

Hey, guys! Do you know what to do in the situation like this? my husband and I applied for I485 together (he is a primary applicant) in august 2003, our cases were approved in March 20, 2006. My husband received his biometrics appmt. notice 2 weeks later and a week after that he received his green card by mail. And I still wait for my appmt. Every time I call USCIS they tell me that my file is on some superviser's desk and they send files (somewhere) once a week and mine hasn't been sent yet and I have to wait. I know it hasn't been 90 days since approval notice, but my work authotization expires in less than a month (along with my drivers license) - june 8, and after that I don't have anything to show my employer that I am legally eligible to work in USA. 90 days will be in june 20. So, the bottom line - I need biometrics appointment ASAP. Is there anything I can do before june 20? I want to avoid pasport stamping and going to DMV to get license for another year. And isn't it a violation of USCIS regulations that our cases were separated? I appreciate if someone answers. Thanks!

my GC Approved, Is the card I received a temporary card

Hi,

Today I recieved my GC plastic card and also an approval letter for my 485. Is this the temporary card or a permanent one? How can I get my Passport stamped? How can I get my permanent card?

thanks in advance

Hi NY-NIW,
How long did the folks in Local office say it would take to get the plastic card...

I had my interview in newark local office back in august 2005. I had my I-551 stamping then....Somehow i was given a stamping even when PD was current and visa numbers were not available...

I went to newark local office to make sure my stamping is right..I had it verified by an interviewing officer when my wife went for stamping..He said it's taking between 9-12 months to get the card. Iam wondering if that timeline is only for cases in Newark local office.

So..we are still waiting for our cards..

Could you please tell us your PD, date of stamping(interview) and category(EB1/EB2/EB3)...

Mine is EB2, PD date is the I-140 receipt date (Sep., 2002). The congressman's office told me to wait 4-6 weeks. If I don't recieve cards in 6 weeks, she asked to call her back and she will follow up.

By the way, i didn't go to NYC for stamping because I am not going to travel abroad in the near future and I still use my H1b to work.

Do attorney also receives the 485 approval letter

Hi,

Can somebody tell me if the attorney also receives the 485 approval letter or is it just the applicant ?

If not, then how do attorney comes to know of the 485 approval.

Thanks

NY-NIW,
If your case was transfered to newyork local office, were you not called for interview..How do you know that your case was approved. If you go for an interview at local office they would stamp your passport..

As you can see in my signature, I was interviewed in Jan/06. At that time, the visa number was not available, so... But the congressman's office did forward me the USCIS letters saying our cases were approved on 4/26/2006.