How long it will take to get EAD cards!!??

Nimmi

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

My EAD approved on Aug 18th still didnt get the cards....anyone know how long it takes to come!!??
My AP also approved on Aug 19th still didnt get the cards....anyone know how long it takes to come!!??

Thanks a bunch in advance........ :rolleyes:

you normally get the cards in the mail within 7 to 10 days. I got mine in two days after case status changed to "we have mailed cards..."

thanks..betsy..but my case status changed like this........"On August 18, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready".

may be it will take some more days to ready the cards..that is the reason its getting delayed!!??

yep. it took a couple more days after "the cards have been ordered..." message to when it changed to "cards have been mailed..."

You mean the message wiill change "the cards have been ordered..." message to "cards have been mailed..."..no its not happening...the same message was there from 18th...today also it showing the same message...i dont think they will change the message...what do u think!!??

It did not Change for me...

For me on 08/12 the status read like this, "We approved the case and ordered a new card". On 08/16 it read like "We mailed you an approval notice" (which my lawyer received this week). Never it said "we mailed you the card" but I received the cards in mail on 08/17/04.

May be the cards are in your mail box today evening...

Same here .... the message was initially "We ordered you the card .... " .... then after 3/4 days, it read "Case approved....." .... only after that did I get the actual card.

It never changed to "We mailed the card" either.

What should I do?

Hi,

For my EAD, the CIS online status says "This case has been approved. On June 18, 2004, an approval notice was mailed" but till date I didnot receive thru mail. What should I do?

Raam

Nimmi, my case was also approved on Aug.18. On Aug. 23, the online message changed to "This case has been approved. On August 21, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. .", and I received the card on Aug.24.

I filed with VSC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys ,

They are so confusing....the message changed today like this.."This case has been approved. On August 25, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

May be I will get with in 3 or 4 days from now.....we will see

EAD when it will be effective?

What is the earliest time can one start using the EAD?

Is it when we get card or approval notice in the website.

Thanks
Billtoo.