How long it will take to get a receipt from INS after I filed I-140 and I-485?

NiceJoe,
I mailed them on 28th Sept and I have not received receipt as of yet? How long did yours take?

Hi,
I also applied EAD renewal in Oct.15, and I found my check was cashed out in Oct20. I still didn't receive the receipt. Is this normal?

Thank you
painful140

Why do you worry

In general it takes around 2 weeks to get the receipt, as usual once you get the receipt, you will keep on watching the status change/approval etc which kind of another point of worry. So let it take its own time, otherwise you will also end up wasting your time like me in this disucssion board till the time you get your approval.

Once anyone get's the approval, they will even forget that there was a portal for the discussions etc. Some times it reminds me as i was in an Indian Train journey.

Don't worry be happy ~Taklu

Hi,
I just got the receipt for my 2nd EAD application.
here is my detail: RD Oct.15 ND: Oct 20 ( the same day as my checked was cashed out). I think if your check is cashed out, you will receive the receipt around 10-14 days later.

Thank you
Painful140

receipt dates

Hi Guys,

How long will it take to get receipt from INS after lawyer sends the packet to INS CSC(Concurrent I140 & 485).

Thanks in Advance for your response.

here is the answer from my lawyer

Let me inform you that today we have sent your and your wife I-485 adjustment of documents to USCIS-California Service Center by FedEx. The tracking number is i do not know. It usually takes 4 to 5 weeks to get a Receipt Notice. Once we receive these notices, we will send you a scanned copy via email. Thanks.

it may help you

~Taklu

A quick way to get your receipt case number

When BSCI cashes your checks out, they put your case number on the back of your checks. Each cashed check will have a case number for !-484,765 etc. Then you will be able to check your case online. I turned my applications in not long ago. I know my applications have been accepted because I saw my case status online through that case number. You don't have to check it all the time, it may be just a waste of time. Hopefully, this will help!
NiceJoe