How long it takes to get Asylum interview Date

ronis

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends

I applied my assylum application through my lawyer in NSC. I got the Certified Receipt of the delivery. My application was received in 12 july nut since then i haven't heard anything from assylum office in sanfrancisco. My lawyer says that sometime it takes more time? Iam confused is it normal for such delay? I have heard that within two months one shoudl get interview date.
Should i worry?

Is the receipt of certified mail can be proff of delivery of document?

Hoping to see suggestion from senior and other members.

Thanks

within 100 mile

Gilbert
thanks for your reply.

Iam living within 150 mile of SanFrancisco.

waiting to see your response.

Sometimes it takes indeed long

Hi,

I was in your situation. Please, do not get upset. I received the letter for the interview just exactly after 1.5 years of waiting. I know another person who has been waiting for already 13 months (still waiting) Don't get desperate. Work, study and live for yourself and one day you will get surprised.

Hi,

I was in your situation. Please, do not get upset. I received the letter for the interview just exactly after 1.5 years of waiting. I know another person who has been waiting for already 13 months (still waiting) Don't get desperate. Work, study and live for yourself and one day you will get surprised.

Hi,

Hi,

Hi,

Hi,

Hi,

Hi,

Re: within 100 mile

Originally posted by ronis
Gilbert
thanks for your reply.

Iam living within 150 mile of SanFrancisco.

waiting to see your response.

Ronis,

Did you/your lawyer receive a form letter saying that the application for asylum has been received? If you did, then you have proof that your application is in. If you did not, then that is something to worry about.

Generally if you live too far away from an asylum office, they will hold your application until an asylum officer can visit an INS office in your area to conduct interviews. If that is the case, you may have to wait a while.

IF YOUR APPLICATION WAS INDEED RECEIVED BY THE INS ON JULY 12, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO FILE FOR AN EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION DOCUMENT (EAD) ON DECEMBER 12.

Best of luck.

some more question about asylum aplication

Gilbert
Thanks for your reply

We haven't received any letter from asylum office stating that they had received my application. We are still waiting that to arrive.

What they do evenif they doesn't send the interview date should they send the application receipt notice to us? My lawyer says that they will send interview date within november.

Is there any method that I know that assylum office has received my application? how do i can know that why they are processing my application late?

The certified mail receipt said thay the application was delivered at the NSC post box address on july 12. Will the certified mail receipt can work as the proff that the INS has received my application?

Re: some more question about asylum aplication

The certified mail receipt can help, but only an official letter from the INS can tell you for sure that they are processing your application. Most people receive such letters within weeks of filing. You may want to talk to your lawyer again.

You can write to the asylum office to inquire about your case or you can visit them in person (Fridays only, from 9 to noon).

Good luck.
Originally posted by ronis
Gilbert
Thanks for your reply

We haven't received any letter from asylum office stating that they had received my application. We are still waiting that to arrive.

What they do evenif they doesn't send the interview date should they send the application receipt notice to us? My lawyer says that they will send interview date within november.

Is there any method that I know that assylum office has received my application? how do i can know that why they are processing my application late?

The certified mail receipt said thay the application was delivered at the NSC post box address on july 12. Will the certified mail receipt can work as the proff that the INS has received my application?

Thanks

Gilbert
Thanks a lot
I will inquire my lawyer about asking INS about my application.

Is Sanfrancisco asylum office is most crowded with asylum aplication?

I heard that the people from other states also apply here because the chances of passing interview here is more then other states. Is it true?

I do not think it is the most crowded office in terms of cases processed. It does have a higher approval rate than other offices, but perhaps because the nature of its cases. Do not draw too much conclusion from that.