How long it takes to get approval after 2nd FP

hopebest

Registered Users (C)
I did 2nd FP today in Newark. Does anybody know how long it takes to get approval after the 2nd FP. I will call VSC in about a month.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

No Title

Hey, buddy, could you tell me how you dot your 2nd FP notice? My FP was done in Feb., 2001 and it was rejetced due to its poor quality. I called my attorney and asked if I can do it again using the copy of the old FP notice. She told me no, however, I saw some messages on this board said that it is ok to use the copy of the 1st FP notice. Could you tell me how you did it? Did you get a 2nd FP notice from INS? Thanks.

No Title

Hey!
I had the same problem; I had my fist FP taken sometime in 3rd week of Feb. 2 weeks later I rx a mail from INS that I alone (my wife\'s FP were okay) need to be re-fingerprinted - because the FPs were not classified (thatz what they said when I called them - which means its of poor quality).
But the 2nd FP notice had a date sometime in July/Aug; I didn\'t want to wait until that time. So went on Good Friday (yes,INS was open) and met the INS ASC (Appl Support Center) director and requested him to retake the FP on that day itself - he agreed as there was not a big crowd - usually they oblige if the crowd is not too heavy; ask him for the lean days (usually Tue/Wed);
U need to have a 2nd FP notice - u cannot use the first one!
Just wait for 2 weeks - u\'ll get a 2nd notice if they really need to re-FP you. Be patient. don\'t panic. FBI has installed new software which is very picky when it comes to quality.
do not attempt to use the 1st FP notice - as it will result in more problems and confusion.
my humble advise!
all the best!!

No Title

Kris,

Can you pl. post your details? Did you get your approval? How long it takes after 2nd FP to get the approval?

Thanks,
Vishram

No Title

I did my 2nd FP in Newark. My 1st was done on 3/27, two weeks ago I got a letter from Newark INS office asking me to have FP retaken, it didn\'t say why.

No Title

1st FP (8/2000)

transferred to NYC local (2/20001)

2nd FP request from Garden City local
(flight from CA to NY)
2nd FP (5/27/2001)

FP redo notice from NYC local (6/10/2001)
(flight from CA to NY again next week)
FP redo will be on 6/23/2001

Approved: not expected

ND: 8/2000

No Title

Sorry vsp for the delay; i lost track of this thread.
My details:
PD: 4/98
ND: 2/00
FP: 3/01
RFE for updated empl letter issued: 6/26/01
not yet replied
no approval yet
amended 140 applied on May 6 2001 but no receipt generated yet.

No Title

My case got transfered to Newark office on 6/8/01. Got 2nd FP notice from newark after 3 weeks from TD. My 1st FP was done in newark only in 11/2000 and I checked with FBI after 2 days of FP and they said that they cleared it and sent back to INS. Why are they calling me for 2nd FP. My 2nd FP is scheduled after 2 weeks from now. Can I go earlier. My RD/ND - 8/00, TD to newark 6/8/01, EB2 India. Thanks.

No Title

Hi guys,
May be my case will increase your hope.
PD 10/97
4/98 FP
1999- RFE employment verification letter
I-140 Redo: because company had a merger name chnage and then separation and back to old name.
3/2001: FP redo
4/2001: I485 Approved
5/2001: Plastic card arrived.
Came to US on F-1 in 1990, H-1 for 6 six years, F-1 for 3 years, EAD 2 years.
Filed Labor in 1995 in New York (Lawyer Gallagher-poor job), After advertisement came back from NY office with so many questions, changed job and moved out from New York in 1997 and redid everything.