How long it takes after AOS Interview ?

:( I was so depressed after I went to Newark office and it's been a while after my last visit.

Bad news, guys. It was totally a waste of time to go there. Spend 3 hours in INS and was not even allowed to see or talk to my case's officer. I have been told to "come back if hear nothing in one year":eek: :mad: Right, ONE YEAR!

I'm afraid I have to go back there to renew my EAD card next month (never thought that).

What's happend? Why so many people having AOS interview after mine go their GC stamps instantly:confused:

different case

As far as I know, those GC cased through H1 don't need to wait long time. Sigh, I'm still waiting. :( Anyway you are not alone. Insist!!

Originally posted by coolglobal1
JICT,

Are you saying there are cases that are being stamped immediately?
I was told differently by the interviewing officer.
It seems like everyone has to go thro' this new additional security check.
My details are
PD : 08/2002
EAD :09/2002
FP:12/2002
Interview 4/2003

Waiting for final stamping or whatever follows.

Hello,
I filled the I-485/I-130/I-765 last week for my wife. I am a USC.. In the I-485 application, what option did you use for Application Type ??? I am talking about Part 2 of the Application where it says that "I am applying for adjustment to permanent resident status because :---""

Your response will be appreciated....

thanks

I think we put something like, "marriage to US Citizen". I came on a K1 fiancee visa, so we may have put "marriage to US Citizen after entry on K1 Visa"

Hope that helps.

:( Still waiting for the "CIA/FBI clearance". 7 months passed after AOS interview. Does anyone have a timeline for how long those "clearance" might take?:confused:

clear

My lawyer faxed me the INS query reply, telling me that all checks are cleared and expect final decision within 30 days. But now 36 passed, no letter from INS. For my case 7 months since mine in Houston

Next Steps

My wife had her interview on May 1 in Chicago. The case was approved pending these additional security checks. We were told 90 days....no word yet. Not sure what I can do on my end either to inquire status...anyone with a similar experience

Not try to disappoint you, blackhawk ;) but "90 days" was also what my interview officer told me 7 months ago. Look at my 6/11 posting in this thread and hold on :( Like lots of other users told me: "you are not alone". :cool:

got stamp after 7 mon.

Thanks for sharing information and supporting. After 7 months since AOS, I had my passport stamped. I guess you will get approval letter soon too. :D

Our interview was November 19th, had to send in additional info and we were approved December 26th, but put on hold for these checks. 8 months on, still waiting :(

To all of you who have had your GC interviews - were your passports stamped with an I-551 (temporary GC) on the day of your interview?

no

The INS changed their rules recently. So few of them have their passport stamped right away. Good Luck.

I don't quite understand. After reading these posts, it looks like some cases are flying by without the additional security check ?
Is this information reliable?
I thought everyone goes thro' the additional security check resulting from the change in rules.

Any inputs?

Originally posted by sunhaolu
:confused: Anyone got his/her passport stamped from Newark office recently?

Any updates for you guys ? Does any body know why this happens randomly only ie some people are still getting stamped on the same day of the interview...

goodluck

My husband called the INS office and they told him he needs to maintain the F1 status even after getting the EAD. He has to maintain it until his application is approved.

I don't understand the purpose of having the EAD when you ahve to go to school full time and can't work.

Please shed some light

How to renew the EAD in Newark

Still no luck for the clearance waiting. Have to renew my EAD then. :( Does anyone know how to renew the EAD or which number/website I should call/go? :confused: Thanks a lot.