How long it takes after AOS Interview ?

sunhaolu

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I passed the AOS interview in Newark, NJ on 12/10/2002. The officer said we should wait about 90 days for the new procedure: fingerprint/CIA/security check. Now it's almost 4 months. Nothing for INS. What could I do? :confused: Anyone has similar experience or only I am the unlucky one? :(

I am also in the same boat. I had my AOS Interview on 02.19.2003. Was told to wait for another 90 days. In meantime my FP had expired, got a letter to do FP again on 04.01.2003. Hope for the Best.

Manjit

Wow! There was I thinking I was the only one. Had interview 19th November, had to send a couple of things in the mail which they received and then approved our case on December 26th. But, we are still waiting, pending the checks :( 4 months is too long

Affidavit of acknowledgement of marital status

Guys,

I have a quick question about the affidavit of acknowledgement of marital status from 3 people.
Is there a format for this letter or affidavit?
None of you have mentioned it.
My interview is due in week or so.

Also is the Police clearance needed for AOS in USA. I would think INS will know.

TIA,
Coolglobal

Security clearance timeline

This is a new one I'm hearing about a wait for security clearance.

How long does it take? any time lines.

I was told by the officer, cases in November 2001 have not been cleared.

:eek: 11/2001 cases not cleared? Don't scare me like this. It's almost 5 months after AOS interview and I decided to go to Newark office myself this Friday to check the status. Anyone did this before? Any suggestions?

Sorry about the earlier post. Cases from Nov 2002 have not been cleared at DC district office.
She said there is nothing she can do.

I-485??????????????

Hi guys,

I want to ask why you guys file I-485? What visa did you get in the country with? I got married with my wife in Turkey 6 months ago and now I have a Perminant Resident card which will expire on Oct.2004 and a social security number.The immigrant attorney we talked said we need to file I-751 form 90 days before the Perminant Residant card expires.Which process are you guys going thru?? I guess mine is different..

osm079, yours is different. You have already received your GC.
Any news Sunhaolu as to what you found out from Newark.

I have ben told that the new enhanced security clearance is a federal thing. Any more information will be great.

Hi guys,

We are on the same boat. I have my AOS filed in San Francisco for more than a year and I had my interview on 16 Dec. I am still waiting for this security clearance. God knows what is really mean because people are still get their passport stamped immediately after interview.

JICT
:mad:

JICT,

Are you saying there are cases that are being stamped immediately?
I was told differently by the interviewing officer.
It seems like everyone has to go thro' this new additional security check.
My details are
PD : 08/2002
EAD :09/2002
FP:12/2002
Interview 4/2003

Waiting for final stamping or whatever follows.

No luck

My wife had her interview in Chicago on May 1. The officer did not stamp her passport as her security check was not completed. He suggested 3-6 months before she can expect to hear back. This security check is different from the FP check. The officer suggested we are likely to renew her EAD which expires in Oct '03. So much for our European summer vacation!

Anyone else in Chicago have a similar story?? Goodluck!

Lawyer's input?

Anyone with info thro' law firms as to what this delay is all about.
Is it because of the new HomeLand security act?
What are the expectations like?

This is going to be a long one too.....

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parekh,

Was there any special security check besides finger printing.
Please provide some more details about your experience.

I am waiting for my GC stamping after the AOS interview/medical/finger printing and was told that there is some security check now required.

There is another thread "How long after AOS interview" where we have some timelines and info on this.

Thanks.

6 months after AOS interview

I got AOS interview in Houston almost 6 months ago. So far I still don't get any further response, no approval letter, no stamp. It seems that I still need keep waiting. Here is the DOS phone number: 202-663-1225. But I don't try this call.