How long it is taking to get EAD renewed at VSC?

Extension of EAD

Hope This helps, I got this from immihelp.com

Extension of EAD

It is advisable to apply for your extension more than 90 days before your current EAD card expires because if an EAD extension is not approved within 90 days, it is automatically extended for 240 days, or until a decision is made, whichever comes first.

If it is not extended within 90 days, you can also go to the nearest INS district office and obtain your extension right away.

Procedure for filing the extension of EAD is same as new EAD, except that you should provide the copy of old EAD while renewing it.

I got my EAD renewal approval within a month.. I don't know the RD.. but here is the EAC #...

Approval Oct 29, 2002

EAC-03-002-534**
EAC-03-002-533**

Also, this time we did not send the signature card. Attorney asked us to sign the application in blank Ink..Hope this helps

nothing to scare

as long as you are on project..do not worry about putting back.. on pay roll.. they will surely..as once you get your ead approved.. u can work with anyone .. or u will also get GC approved and you are free.. and remember.. if you get ead approved.. as your company has already applied.. u should be getting approval.. and once you have that and if your company does not put back on pau roll.. you are free to join any other employeer..

best of luck and have faith..

Re: Extension of EAD

looks like this is valid if EAD extension has been applied for more than 90 days which isn't true i my case...

why 90 days?

my ead is expring on 12/11 and i applied for extension this week.. monday.. there is no rule as such.. but it is better they say..

Re: Re: Extension of EAD

Originally posted by sweetie
looks like this is valid if EAD extension has been applied for more than 90 days which isn't true i my case...

Sweetie, I had asked you earlier but i guess my question got lost somewhere in the thread. Were you able to find your RD for EAD? Or at least when exactly was the packet sent.

The date will give you a rough idea.

Just checked my EAD Renewal

My EAD renewal got approved on Oct 29th

# EAC-02-287-5****

RD Sept 12th, 2002
ND Sept 19th, 2002

Hope this helps.

Didn't get the new card yet. Does the A# change? Thank you all.

Bobby V, I could not get in touch with the lawyer who handles my case. But I sent my papers more than two weeks ago to them, but I think they sent to INS little late because they don't have RD yet.
As soon as I find out, I will let you know.

It took lees than 3 weeks for me.

Sweetie,

It took less than 3 weeks in my case.
I applied on August 21st 2002 and I got EAD card on 09/09/2002.

gc98