• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How long is usual for 'administrative processing'?

Kiwigirl

Hi there, I had my DV interview at the US embassy in London on March 14th, 2018 sent extra required paperwork to them the next day, which was acknowledged, but have heard nothing more - and obviously they still have my documents and passport! The ceac website status check says still 'administrative processing', but is it usual to take this long?

No, it is not unusual. AP lasts for as long as it takes the embassy to complete the process. Which is why we often tell people to be well prepared and avoid being put on AP as much as possible.

Anyway, have you tried to follow up with the embassy since you sent in the requested documents?

Thank you - good to know. I was as prepared as a military operation, but unfortunately it was the NZ police who put a spanner in the works by saying they would forward records to London, then London not being able to find them, so I had to re-send! Very frustrating. I will try emailing on the address they gave me, and see what happens. Thanks for the advice. It's easier to be patient when one has reassurance this is normal. All the other info I had said 'a few weeks wait', so just wasn't sure.