How long is the wait for oath in Detroit?

Tintin22

Registered Users (C)
How much time is the Detroit BCIS office taking to issue oath notices after a successful interview?

It varies. Depends upon the schedule of oath ceremony and your interview date. One of my friend had taken oath just one month after interview, though it was way back of four years. Could you please let us know your time line?

I had my interview yesterday and the office told me that I successfully completed the interview, that the application now goes through an internal quality process and to expect a notice in 4-6 weeks.

Is that consistent with what others have heard?

Tintin,
When did you complete your interview?

My Timeline:
Filed: May 2002
FP: September 2002
Interview: July 2003

vrd23,

My Timeline

Priority Date: April 2002
Fingerprint: August 2002
Interview: Second week of July (was told that I passed the interview but to wait 4-6 weeks for formal approval and oath scheduling)
Oath: waiting

vrd23, have you been notified of your oath date?

Got my oath letter this week. I'm now scheduled for Aug 14th, approx. a month after my interview

Completed my oath ceremony yesterday! I'm finally a US citizen! The ceremony lasted about an hour and a half. We had about 75 people who were sworn in yesterday. The BCIS official overseeing the ceremony was extremely professional and courteous and even cracked a few jokes to get people to relax.

Priority Date: May 16, 2002
FP: Sep 5, 2002
Interview Date: July 15, 2003
Oath Ceremony: August 14, 2003

It took me 15 months from the time I applied in May 2002. Good Luck to all!