How long is EAD on pending asylum (c8) taking?

Marcos314

Does anybody know how long are EAD under a pending asylum taking to be processed?
(Texas Service Center if possible, but i would appreciate input from experiences from other service centers too)
A couple of months ago somebody said that it was taking 3 weeks, and now trend graphs are showing 3-4 months.

This is a huge hardship because i have been getting help counting on the 180 days for the EAD (applied on 150 days) and now 3 more months is a lot of additional time, i even heard that might take longer to get a job, since after that 3-4 months, you need like 6 to 8 weeks to get a SSN.

Thanks for your input in advance.

Does anybody know how long are EAD under a pending asylum taking to be processed?
(Texas Service Center if possible, but i would appreciate input from experiences from other service centers too)
A couple of months ago somebody said that it was taking 3 weeks, and now trend graphs are showing 3-4 months.

This is a huge hardship because i have been getting help counting on the 180 days for the EAD (applied on 150 days) and now 3 more months is a lot of additional time, i even heard that might take longer to get a job, since after that 3-4 months, you need like 6 to 8 weeks to get a SSN.

Thanks for your input in advance.

Marcos, am planning to apply for EAD as well, from what I have read and all information I have collected , for a pending asylum when you apply for EAD , a decision has to be mailed to you in 3-4 weeks. Am applying from Chicago.

Marcos, am planning to apply for EAD as well, from what I have read and all information I have collected , for a pending asylum when you apply for EAD , a decision has to be mailed to you in 3-4 weeks. Am applying from Chicago.
I really hope this is true. Thanks for your input.