How long INS take to put status in social security system.

gcsept18

Registered Users (C)
How long INS takes to put status in social security system.

Guys,
Mine approved on 10/17 and still not updated in social security system.
How long its going to take update in the system.
Any idea.

Thanks,
Gcsept18

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I have the same problem.. when we went to the SSN office for new SSN cards.. they told me that, it came "Verified" for my wife and my kid into their system but not mine.. and said, some times it will take some time for them (INS) to update into SSN database.. and asked me not to follow up.. and they will whenever they will get Verified into their system. my wife and my kid updated SSN cards arrived on last saturday.. I am expecting ...

What change can I see

on my card. My self and my wife both have SS cards with the title "allowed to work with INS authorization" something like that.

What will be the change in this card after we get our GC.

There will be no such "...with INS authorization" on the card. It's blank except your name and SSN number imprinted on it. Nothing fancy.

Guys,
Still Social security system not updated my new info.
Is this normal process???. How long INS takes to put it in SS
system.

Thanks in advance.

ncnandu: did you get your ss card????

hey just let me know do one need to go to SS office affice after getting GC for a new SS card or what?

Hi all,

I am confused.! SO, you all mean to say that one gets a new SS card after the gc is approved.

Is this automatically done & the new ss card is post mailed to us OR
Do we need to inform/go to the SS office personally.?

Cheers.

Hey folks,

RD : Oct. 1, 2001
ND : Nov. 20, 2001
AD : Oct. 18, 2002
Stamping : Oct. 28, 2002

I went to the local SSA office today with my passport and old SSN Card. She said oh you have a permanent residence now so we will issue a new CARD but same SSN no. w/o INS authorization written on it.

My A# was already in the system. It just took me 5 min.

You can check local office at this site.

http://www.ssa.gov/regions/regional.html
or call 1-800-772-1213

Bakshi

Exactly the way July16 said. The lady said though that the SS card will have the word 'Permanent Resident'. Once we become US citizen the SS card will have the word 'US CITIZEN'.

I think that to some extent, tax calculations also vary depending on what our status is.

Taxes

Once you live in the US for certain amount of time in a tax year no matter what your status is you are taxed as a US citizen... I haven't heard that the ss# mentions your status either ... Just "work with INS authorization" If you are not a resident... After that it says nothing.

Hi,

I waited for 8+ mnths after I got GC to update my SSN card, ssn office does not have my record in their database. Any one in the same situation. What procedure? How long?

thnks,
t-shop