How Long in AAO for EB2

sonupv

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everybody,

My I 140 Appeal has gone to the AAO. CSC sent it over to them exactly after 60 days. I guess that is just one of their delaying tactics to frustrate us further.

Anybody has an idea what is the current waiting time in AAO for EB2 cases ?

Thanks
Sonu

How Do you know your MTR went to AAO office ? Did you get any mail or called there ? I am in same situation as i have filed my MTR in Nov 2005 but no news yet. any idea ?

letgetgc2005 said:
How Do you know your MTR went to AAO office ? Did you get any mail or called there ? I am in same situation as i have filed my MTR in Nov 2005 but no news yet. any idea ?

Well, I was checking the latest update on the USCIS website using my case number, every day. And last night the message changed and now it says that the case has be sent to the AAO.

Here is the URL
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do

Sonu

OK.

I did not see any changes in my status yet . it is same from the day one. it mean my case still with MTR office even i am not sure.

letgetgc2005 said:
OK.

I did not see any changes in my status yet . it is same from the day one. it mean my case still with MTR office even i am not sure.

Not that I know all the details, but I guess yours was an MTR and its processing ends at CSC. Mine was an "appeal" and CSC was supposed to either approve it or forward it to AAO within 60 days. So my appeal was sent to AAO after exactly 60 days. Your MTR won't be going to AAO, so I guess they might take their sweet time to look at it.

sonupv said:
Hi Everybody,

My I 140 Appeal has gone to the AAO. CSC sent it over to them exactly after 60 days. I guess that is just one of their delaying tactics to frustrate us further.

Anybody has an idea what is the current waiting time in AAO for EB2 cases ?

Thanks
Sonu

I am sorry to say this. Usually if appeal for I-140 is transferred to AAO, it usually takes a long time.

AAO may overturn the decision made by USCIS earlier or accept the decision made by USCIS earlier. This could take several months, in the worst case more than a year.

In my case it was transferred to AAO sometime in Dec 2002. In Feb 2004, AAO overturned USCIS's earlier decision and asked USCIS to reconsider. Two months later it was approved.

Not sure how fast AAO is working now, it took lot of time (close to 15 months) in my case, hopefully it doesn't happen in your case.

BTW, mine was EB-3.

Tons of Good luck to you.

Apollo_13 said:
I am sorry to say this. Usually if appeal for I-140 is transferred to AAO, it usually takes a long time.

AAO may overturn the decision made by USCIS earlier or accept the decision made by USCIS earlier. This could take several months, in the worst case more than a year.

In my case it was transferred to AAO sometime in Dec 2002. In Feb 2004, AAO overturned USCIS's earlier decision and asked USCIS to reconsider. Two months later it was approved.

Not sure how fast AAO is working now, it took lot of time (close to 15 months) in my case, hopefully it doesn't happen in your case.

BTW, mine was EB-3.

Tons of Good luck to you.

According to the processing time release report (3-23-06), the NIW processing time at the AAO is current, meaning you'd get their decision within a month.

EB2 At AAO

I have a similar situation. Had I 140 denied at TSC; filed MTR/ Appeal; was transferred to AAO on 3/16. No word yet.
Wondering if you had heard anything back on ur appeal; the current processing time for EB2 is current, whatever that means.
Thanks

happycamperr said:
I have a similar situation. Had I 140 denied at TSC; filed MTR/ Appeal; was transferred to AAO on 3/16. No word yet.
Wondering if you had heard anything back on ur appeal; the current processing time for EB2 is current, whatever that means.
Thanks

I haven't heard anything yet. Torture continues.....

The I140 status still says "We received the application.......... it takes 30 to 60 days to process........"

Processing dates for EB2 appeals does appear current according to the informaton posted on various sites. But everywhere it says "EB2(D)-National Interest Waiver" is current.

Any idea what "(D)" means.

Sonu

EB2 with AAO

Has anybody heard anything from AAO regarding EB2 I 140 Appeals ?

My I 140 appeal was sent to AAO in Feb, but haven't heard anything since.

Sonu

Eb 2

No word yet, 2 months and waiting. My lawyer has tried to find out the exact processing time without much luck.
Looking for a new job and starting all over again.
Good luck man.
Harsh