how long for Plastic Card

My485Pending

Registered Users (C)
I got my 485 Stamped on NOV 2002
me from California..Service centre.,

how long it takes to get CARD., anyone in the same boat.

Approved in October, received cards last month. Try calling IIO & request them to send your card.

Cheers!!!
485gang

message changed online

My online message has changed to , Card Ordered...

and i have moved to different place , and have given my change of address while moving to UPS. will they forward that mail like any other mails i get thru change of address.

i have sent my AR-11 form also.,

my main concern is will Postal service forward my INS mail like a regular mail or not.

thanks
samar

My passport was stamped late Oct. 2002. I received my plastic card Apr 28, 2003, about six months later. Also from CSC, stamped in San Jose.

The online message was changed to 'card ordered' last week, April, the 16th. So, it took about 2 weeks after the message change to get the real card.

Don't trust the AR-11, they never update your address based on the AR-11. I have sumbitted two AR-11s over the last half year, and the address was still the one that was used for filing I-485. (it's my friend's house, so I still get it).

Good luck.

Originally posted by ambit

Don't trust the AR-11, they never update your address based on the AR-11. I have sumbitted two AR-11s over the last half year, and the address was still the one that was used for filing I-485. (it's my friend's house, so I still get it).

It should not be a surprise that this happened.

AR-11 is submitted solely to comply with the law requiring you to report any change of address to the BCIS within 10 days days of moving. It does not change the address on record with the service center or local office where you may have a petition or other application pending (in this case, your green card production). You need to make a separate, additional notification in these cases -- see the BCIS webpage on this at http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/howdoi/address.htm, specifically the following:
"Applicants and petitioners for any other benefits should file a Form AR-11 AND notify in writing the local office processing their case of any change of address. Please see Change of Address (found under Contacting Us) on your local office About Us page."

The USPS will forward the envelope containing the card, so long as you have a change of address recorded with them as well.