How long for NSC receipt notice on 485/AP/EAD application

Parasite.

I just mailed my package to NSC today for I-485, Advance Parole, and EAD.

Does anybody know how long they are taking to send receipt notices currently?

thanks.

No Title

My lawyer told me that it takes from 5-6 weeks. Also, since you applied in Jan you can also post your info in another thread that I started for people who applied I-485 in Nov-Dec-Jan so that we can track our progress. :) the thread titled as "486/EAD/AP application in December"

Samir

No Title

My I485 was mailed on Dec5,00 and I received the receipt notice yesterday from my lawyer with ID Dec8,00 and ND Dec13,00.

No Title

My I485 was mailed on Dec5,00 and I received the deceit notice yesterday from my lawyer with RD Dec8,00 and ND Dec13,00.

No Title

Parasite..
        can you please provide your case details regarding 140 if you don\'t mind. I also applied 140 without labor and INS received it on 10-12-00. Can you please tell me which DOL (mine is chicago) and how long did it take you for the approval.
Thanks,
ra7

No Title

ra7:
my case is a bit complicated, but here goes:

PD: Oct, 1998
Chicago DOL approved my LC in Sept. 99 but "lost" my LC document.
Applied for I-140 Oct. 99 anyway (hoping INS would request duplicate LC from DOL).
INS tells my in June 2000 that my application is not valid (because of LC problem) and I should reapply for I-140.
Reapplied I-140 July 22, 2000
I-140 RD: August 28, 2000
I-140 AD: December 15, 2000
(For my second I-140 application, INS actually made a request for a duplicate LC from Chicago DOL - DOL sent the duplicate LC as soon as the request was made but INS sat on it for another 6 weeks before approving my I-140).

By the way Chicago DOL is notorious for "losing" Labor Certifications "in the mail". Somebody ought to take legal action against those incompetent dirtbags.

No Title

Parasite: Thanks for the reply, You said that you applied for 140 in Oct 99. But did you ask the INS at that time to get a duplicate copy of the labor certification from the INS. I am also in the same situation like yours. My PD is also Oct 1998. My labor was approved on July 7th of this year. My lawyer never received the approval notice. So after waiting 2 months my lawyer called the DOL only to find out that they mailed the approval notice on July 19th. So god knows where did they mail it. So my lawyer applied for 140 in the last week of September and also asked the INS to get a copy of the labor approval notice from the DOL. Can you tell me what exactly is wrong with your first 140 application and what caused the INS to ask you to reapply. If I also did the same mistake I will contact my lawyer immediately. Also is there a way to check whether a request has been made to DOL regarding the LC. I tried calling DOL. But they refused to give any information.
Thanks a lot for your reply and goodluck for 485.

No Title

ra7:
The INS said that my first I-140 application was not valid because when they contacted DOL for my duplicate LC, DOL said that they have no record of my LC even being approved (there apparently was a notation in DOL\'s system of my LC approval but somehow they overlooked/missed this).

So when I applied for the I-140 the second time, my lawyer contacted somebody in DOL to confirm that my LC approval was in fact in their system. And this time DOL assured my lawyer that when INS makes a duplicate LC request, they will promptly forward it (which they did).

So my advice to you is: ask your lawyer to milk his contacts at DOL and make sure that your LC approval appears on their system somewhere . Also have your lawyer get some assurance from DOL that they will promptly forward the duplicate LC to INS.

No Title

Hello Siwuki,

Can you also join another thread on the same board. It is a group of people who have filed I-485/EAD/AP in Nov,Dec timeframe. It will be good if we can post our progresses on that thread, so that we can track the progress. the thread subject is "485/EAD/AP application in December".

BTW: my applications were sent on the same day 12/05/00 and congratulations on getting your receipt notice.

Samir

No Title

Thanks a lot parasite. Your posting is quite informative to me. I will follow up with my lawyer. I am sorry you have to go through this ordeal. I wish there is a way to make the DOL accountable for all this.
Thanks,
ra7