How long for generating a RFE?

VSC1197

Registered Users (C)
My RFE was ordered on 6/18/01, but, has not been typed
in a letter yet, accroding to an IIO yesterday(6/28/01).

Do you have any idea how long this is going to be generated
and mailed it out?

Thanks,

No Title

I got mine in 3 days, but know a few people who have been waiting
for it for a month and INS is clueless, so I feel it all depends
on the officer handling ur case.

No Title

Namoona, You might be right, it\'s been very random.
There is definitely no rhyme or reason to this
processing. The RFE on my case was ordered 11 days
ago, and is still waiting to get typed out. too bad.

No Title

VSC1197,
Does AVM say that RFE is mailed out for you. I guess you should get it within 7 days of AVM update. As you know VSC is having a lot of mail problems. That may be delaying RFE too.

No Title

vsc9909, Thanks for your reply! My lawyer checked with IIO,
and was told the RFE was ordered on 6/18/01. They haven\'t
typed it into a notice letter yet, the IIO said yesterday.
Nothing would be mailed out until they generate a request
notice. I don\'t understand why the RFE has been not generated
for so long after it was ordered. It has nothing to do with
the mailroom, it hasn\'t got a foot in that door yet. Thanks,

No Title

VSC1197, I am in a similar position and it has been over 3 weeks since the RFE was issued and the IIO told me that there is a backlog and it will take some time to clear up the backlog

No Title

Thanks for reply! But, it looks very random, some
being sent out on time, some being terribly delayed.
They don\'t go by any rule.

No Title

i have been watching for ur rfe bcos it happened to be 2nd for u, what about the other person who also said he( assuming he ) got a 2nd rfe same day, i dont have his id! did u check with him if he got his.

as u know mine was issued on june 12th and mailed on june 13th, my lawyer might have replied yesterday, lets wait and see !!

No Title

on 6/28/01, an iio said "no need for 2nd rfe", case with an officer on 6/20/01. Got really excited. 6/29/01, called ins again to confirm. An iio told me case not with an officer. RFE is waiting to be typed into system, may take 2 weeks to get it physically. Called this mornig, no luck, looks VSC closed this monring. I am very depressed.

No Title

Hi, I am in similar boat. RFE was issued on 6th. June but still needs to be printed and mailed. I have already called 3 times in last 25 days.

No Title

its so pathetic that we have to wait for months just to get an RFE printed and dispatched. They wont even tell you what are the requesting so that you can get the nescessary documents.

No Title

I think INS has decided to generate RFE anyway, however, they really don\'t know what to ask, it takes time for them to think of a good reason.Any other explainations?