How long does the RFE take to arrive

smitgg1

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I was RFE'd o 4.27 accordinng to the online message how long does it take for the RFE to arrive and where does it go - me or the lawyer ?

I am in GA lawyer is in CA.

SRC02104

George

Wait for 15 days to arrive then you call customer service.
could you please post your rd/nd, fp EB details ?

smitgg1,

If submitted thru lawyer. It will be sent to the lawyer. It should be received within a few days. Ask your lawyer.

I see your FP is Mar 03. Good, this is the FP date they are approving these days.

Please keep us posted on content of RFE.

Good luck!

smitgg1,
I am also in the same boat. According to my on-line status my RFE issued on 04/29/04. Not yet received by my lawyer or me. I will update once I get the letter.

I heard that even though they say it is mailed, it takes as long as a week to get it sent out of their door. It has been eveident in the past that the online status said mailed and the actual post mark was a week later.

So it would take roughly 2 weeks before you can start worrying. But you guys should keep us posted by detailing in the threads dedicated to RFE running under the same section.

Thanks.

LongGC Have you changed the attorney in between? if yes keep in touch with both attorneys. It happened in a case where RFE went to old attorney.

you are right tammy2.

They make this mistake all time. And I had suffered a lot with it. When my case was denied, no one knew and the letter went to the previous attorney hired by my company. That lawyer said that since he does not represent me, forwarded letter to the company lawyer. But they took 2 weeks in this communication ( one in east cost and another in west cost). When the letter came to me, I had already lost 18 days and I had been given only 30 days to respond (appeal). So I filed my MOTR in 12 days. Those 12 days were horrible for me as first few days, I did not know what recourse to take. The whole process cost me nearly $10K if put together in lost opportunities, wages and attorney fees.

Spoke to the Atty last night

They want proof of maintainence of status - photocopies of all the pages of my passport and my wife's passport and and employment letter from my company. The RFE actually arrived on 5.1 - so it only took 4 days to get there.

Hoping that this is going to be finally the end of a long and painful journey - since 97.

George.

smitgg1

I am curious about the passport photocopies. What is that they are trying to look into passport. Entry and exit stamps? They don't stamp exits but only entry. We always send copy of I-94 as a proof of entry with all our AP applications. Did you or your wife had an absence from US for a longer period?

Could you ask these questions to your attorney? May be he would know.

No we are squeaky clean - followed all the rules - it could be that
when I last sent them passport details one of my pages was stapled together by the i94 so they got less pages than they should have. I really don't know.

smitgg1,

I just spoke to my lawyer. I got the same RFE you got. They want proof of maintenance of status. It took 7days to reach my lawyer.