how long does the oath ceremony take?

samtr

Hello. I know that it is different at each location but I was wondering if someone can tell me how long the oath ceremony takes. I applied for citizenship in March, got my fingers printed in June, and I had my interview in late August. Now I got the notice to appear for the ceremony on 9/28/06. The problem is I'm over a thousand miles away at school. Now I'm weighing my options whether to miss a couple days of school or just ask to be rescheduled. If I were to attend this ceremony I would like to miss the least amount of school as possible. This is where your answers will come in to play. Right now my option for missing school is depart the day before the ceremony after my classes and arrive in Florida. Then I would go to the ceremony at 8:00 AM. Then leave on a 3:30 flight back to WI. I don't know if that is enough time. So before I make a decision I desperately need to know from those who have went through the ceremony or know about it. Your replies are greatly appreciated.

In Dallas, my wife's ceremony was scheduled at 1:00pm. The actual "ceremony" part of the ceremony started about 1.5 hours later and lasted about a half hour or 45 minutes. I can't imagine an 8:00 am ceremony lasting past noon if it's anything like the Dallas one.

samtr said:
Hello. I know that it is different at each location but I was wondering if someone can tell me how long the oath ceremony takes. I applied for citizenship in March, got my fingers printed in June, and I had my interview in late August. Now I got the notice to appear for the ceremony on 9/28/06. The problem is I'm over a thousand miles away at school. Now I'm weighing my options whether to miss a couple days of school or just ask to be rescheduled. If I were to attend this ceremony I would like to miss the least amount of school as possible. This is where your answers will come in to play. Right now my option for missing school is depart the day before the ceremony after my classes and arrive in Florida. Then I would go to the ceremony at 8:00 AM. Then leave on a 3:30 flight back to WI. I don't know if that is enough time. So before I make a decision I desperately need to know from those who have went through the ceremony or know about it. Your replies are greatly appreciated.
on a normal day it should be ample time...i went to the oath ceremony at like 8 was out by 11...thts in houston...

My ceremony at the Baltimore DO lasted around 1-2 hours. My wife's ceremony took 3 hours, but thats because USCIS held it during the Baltimore "International Festival".

I'd imagine 2 hours would be about the norm, depending upon the size of the event and thus the number of people to ask questions and register.

Did Any One Recieve Oath Letter From Santa Ana ....

Hi, I Had My Interview In Santa Ana On Monday.i Was Wondering Any One Had Interview In That Location And After How Many Days It Took For Oath Letter.please Help

santa ana interview

wannabee2 said:
Hi, I Had My Interview In Santa Ana On Monday.i Was Wondering Any One Had Interview In That Location And After How Many Days It Took For Oath Letter.please Help