How long does it usually take to receive a I-485 receipt?

footballfan_kb

Registered Users (C)
I have sent my I-485 to NSC early last week by fedex...The tracking information shows that they received the application on Tuesday...So far, the check has not been cashed or a receipt notice has not been mailed.

Due to this, I would like to know if anyone has a good estimate on how long it take for USCIS to usually cash the checks. I am assuming checks will be processed much faster than the receipt notice.

I am also wondering whether the case got transferred to TSC and that's why it taking some time for the receipt notice to be issued. If anyone has information, please post.

Give it about 10-14 days.

I my case, the docs were sent on 1/24/2007..and the check was encashed on 2/2/2007.

Give it about 10-14 days.

I my case, the docs were sent on 1/24/2007..and the check was encashed on 2/2/2007.

Mine was sent on 02/08/07. check was retired by uscis on 02/22/07. noticed this at the back of the checks that were sent to uscis. All my receipt numbers were found at the back of the retired checks. I can now keep track of the status of my application. Though I am yet to receive official receipt notices from uscis. Location center is NSC ( concurrent filing). Application was filed on exceptional science category( with an approved labor certification).

Waiting for the 1-140 to be approved. So football fan kb, I know how u feel but u might want to be a little bit patient.Everything gonna be alright.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife's 485 was filed on 15th Jan 2007, on 13 Feb 2007 we recieved a rejection notice saying that check were not there in the package & sent the whole pachage to lawyer's office...of cause checks were there so lawyer sent the same package back on 17th & as per fedex they have received it on 19th but no receipt number yet, nor the checks are encashed. DOes any one have any suggestion what to do next since my PD is current & already have an interview call on 15th March.