• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How long does it takes to deliver the green card after green card activation?

TKFOO84

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I was wondering, can you guys please tell me how long does it takes for the Immigration officer takes to deliver the green card after the green card activation at the airport?

What if i don't receive it in x period, do I have to contact KCC? or the immigration officer? Does anyone has the experience of not getting the green card in x period? What did you do to get it back? Please share I'd like to know.

Thank you!

TK

Hi guys,

I was wondering, can you guys please tell me how long does it takes for the Immigration officer takes to deliver the green card after the green card activation at the airport?

What if i don't receive it in x period, do I have to contact KCC? or the immigration officer? Does anyone has the experience of not getting the green card in x period? What did you do to get it back? Please share I'd like to know.

Thank you!

TK
Hi everybody,

Me too I urgently need answers to the questions quoted here.
Thanks a lot for those who will help by providing any helpful informations.

I'm sure it varies but we did our POE on the 9th and received our Green Cards in the mail on the 28th of the same month. So, about 2.5 weeks, which is about what I've heard from others, although some have received theirs a bit sooner than that.

If you have any problems or delays in receiving your Green Card, you would contact USCIS, not KCC.

We had problems getting our SSN - there wasn't one being processed for neither my husband nor I, so we had to go to the SSN office to get that going.

Good luck.

We have entered at the same time on 7/11 and my wife received her GC on 8/6. Me and our son are still waiting. I've called USCIS and they said there is some production backlog. Nationals of countries under the visa waiver program get prioritized lower than those from visa required countries.

I got my SSN a week after activation, it was issued 2 days after I got here. It's been 3 weeks no GC yet but it shows that production started today, 10/10, and I should expect it in the mail within the next 30 days. I guess mid next week it should get here.

I got my SSN a week after activation, it was issued 2 days after I got here. It's been 3 weeks no GC yet but it shows that production started today, 10/10, and I should expect it in the mail within the next 30 days. I guess mid next week it should get here.

Hey, hi! How are you enjoying the US? Hope it's all going smoothly and you're settling in well!

Hi SusieQQQ, US is great. I'm living with my aunt and she's been great, still looking for work but I'm not too stressed yet. Will be going to Cali soon, so I'm enjoying the time off.

I'd say it really depends from case to case but the norm from what I have seen is 3-4 weeks for the Green Card to physically arrive in the mail. Mine took about 4 weeks from the day I entered the USA.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (TZ) - 13th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - 21st June 2013
Medicals - Completed 24th June 2013
I-134 - 16th July 2013
Bank Statements - 22nd July 2013
Interview - Wednesday, August 7th 2013 @ 8am - US Embassy Tanzania - SUCCESS!!!
Visa Pick up - August 14th 2013 - PICKED UP
Departure Date - August 17th 2013
Port of Entry - Washington Dulles - August 18th 2013
Social Security - 26th August 2013
Driver's License - 28th August 2013
Green Card - 20th September 2013