How long does it take to upgrade a petition..?

sbkp2006

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone of you ever have upgraded your petition after becoming US citizen..??

Approximately how long does it takes..???? 15 days, one month, two..???

No exact days...

Sb,

No one can give you the number of days it take, but rather it depends on who receive and enter your upgrade into the system. What USCIS "warrants" is that you will receive a NOA within 10 days.

As such, as soon as your upgrade is received, USCIS will inform you. To upgrade, you just need to send them your copy of the naturalization certificate, copy of your NOA from your filed I-130, and a letter explaining your request. :) Your letter should basically states that you are USC now, and request your filed petition to be moved to immediate relative of USC.

So....good luck....

Thanks a lot..!

Appreciated your quick and clear reply Al Southner..!

Is there any web site though to check what is the current situation of immidiate relative catogary in any foriegn embssey..??? In the NOA letter do they tell you when should we excpect any further notice or date limit to contact them..??

Yes, I am ready with letter and approval, just waiting for the certificate.

Last edited by a moderator:
sbkp2006 said:
Appreciated your quick and clear reply Al Southner..!

Is there any web site though to check what is the current situation of immidiate relative catogary in any foriegn embssey..??? In the NOA letter do they tell you when should we excpect any further notice or date limit to contact them..??

Yes, I am ready with letter and approval, just waiting for the certificate.

Sk,

Congratulations on your upcoming oath ceremony. :) I am not sure about consular processing times, but there should be a website which exist somewhere on the web, which should have some info.

One site that I will is www.visajourney.com as there people who are waiting it out in their consulates. So, register there and make some friends, you will be able to get some ideas on how quick the processing is. Also, you could locate people from your home country doing it through consular, and probably guide you on how efficient the consular processing is... :cool:

There are probably other sites which could be helpful... not sure if USCIS has uodates on consulars...

Thanks a lot..!

Thanks Al,

I apprecite a lot..! I m just too excited..!
I will check on the web site you provided.
Once again thanks..!

Anyone..!!

Did anyone have 'UPGRADED' petition file from Indian Embassey in past..???

Please share your experiance..!!! It's always help..!!!