How long does it take to transfer case

puja24

Registered Users (C)
Hey everyone,
can someone please tell how long does NVC takes to transfer case to mumbai?..and how long does it take to get interview?..

Thank you.

Approximate Timeline:

NVC makes a clerical review of the case and sends it to the concerned Consulate. (4-6 weeks)
Consulate fixes an appointment date and intimates the applicant through Packet 4. (3-4 weeks)
Candidate attends the interview at the consulate. (4 weeks)

The time line for these steps varies from case to case. So in response to your question, other than responding to NVC you do not have to do anything at this point (but again, you do have to work on obtaining all the documents that you have to put together - refer http://travel.state.gov/nvc3.html)

Thank you roch03 for reply... my case is CR1 (immidiate relative) so i'm thinking that i might get interview my september. do you think it's possible?.

Thank you

completed case transfer

Hi everyone,

My case review was completed on june 25th 2003 and they forwarded my case to mumbai on july 2nd . now what's the next step.

Thank you,

Re: completed case transfer

Originally posted by puja24
Hi everyone,

My case review was completed on june 25th 2003 and they forwarded my case to mumbai on july 2nd . now what's the next step.

Now after the Mumbai consulate receives the packet they will enter into their system and then schedule an interview date. You can expect to have your CP interview in month of September.

Good Luck.

Thank you,

what's the deadline for august/september interview

Hi,

Mi case was sent to the consulate on june 24th. Following what I have read on this forum it may already being entered into the consulate system. My question is: is there a specific deadline that determines the interview date? I recall I read if the case hits the consulate before the 19th of the month the interview will be the very next month. Is this accurate? Is this deadline standard time for all the consulates or it will be different for each one?

Thanks

Airetupal

Re: what's the deadline for august/september interview

Originally posted by Airetupal
Hi,

Mi case was sent to the consulate on june 24th.

Congrats.

Following what I have read on this forum it may already being entered into the consulate system. My question is: is there a specific deadline that determines the interview date?

Speaking from statistics for US consulates in India, if the individual's case is in the computer system of the US consulate by 20th of the month, then the interview is scheduled in the following SECOND month.

In your case, you probably will have a CP interview date in month of September '03.

I recall I read if the case hits the consulate before the 19th of the month the interview will be the very next month.

Its not the next month. Its the following SECOND month, if an individual's case is in the computer sytem of the US consulate in India.

Is this accurate?

There is no such law/rule. This is a rule derived from statistics.

Is this deadline standard time for all the consulates or it will be different for each one?

There is no such deadline standard time for the case sent by NVC to reach US consulate. The consular officer has a fixed number of visas that can be issued ina month and depending on thenumber of applications, the consular officers schedules an interview and the rest of the cases are put in the queue.

Thanks

Airetupal

Last edited by a moderator:
puja24

puja24:

When did NVC registered they received your packet3, before they finish the review on June 24th. i am CR1 like you.

Thanks,

Hi Cacheloli,

I'm not sure about that bcoz I send packet 3 in April but i had problem with my affadavit support form so my file was delay for 2 months. but i heard they usually take 7 days for reviewing packet 3... lets hope for the best..

Although NVC AVM says NVC will take about 6-8 weeks, it is currently taking about 2-3 weeks for Packet 3 review assuming all documents that form PAcket 3 are provided to NVC and are complete.

Re: case transfer to consular

just call NVC this morning that they will forward my case to consular 7/17/03. I believe AVM will update by tomorrow or next day.

cannon76,

no further new for your case?

mlin144

mlin44 when did your P3 reach nvc and when did they complete review? Thanks!

My P3 reached nvc on 7/2 and AVM message has still not changed.