How long does it take to receive initial receipt letter?

eo23

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My N-400 checks cashed on September 7th, how long does it usually take for the receipt letter to arrive?

Thanks.

Thanks man, I got my case number from the checks but it doesnt look like its in the system or I can't construct it properly, its in this format

LIN 9xx xxx

what should I do?

eo23 said:
Thanks man, I got my case number from the checks but it doesnt look like its in the system or I can't construct it properly, its in this format

LIN 9xx xxx

what should I do?
dude,just chill for now...you have a long way to go and dont worry about such petty issues..have patience...everyone gets their case number,you will get yours..and you will have your share of sleepless nights..for now just postpone all those headaches and enjoy life.

eo23 said:
Hi,

My N-400 checks cashed on September 7th, how long does it usually take for the receipt letter to arrive?

Thanks.

Mine arrived about 2 weeks later.

I am still waiting for my Receipt and FP notice.

Here is my timeline,
8-23-06: Application Sent to NSC
8-24-06: Application Received
8-28-06: Checks Cashed

ebhs said:
I am still waiting for my Receipt and FP notice.

Here is my timeline,
8-23-06: Application Sent to NSC

I got my case number from my cashed checks, they got updated in the system today. The case number told me that the application was received on September 5th (i.e. a priority date of September 5th) but I have not yet received the physical receipt in the mail.

eo23 said:
I got my case number from my cashed checks, they got updated in the system today. The case number told me that the application was received on September 5th (i.e. a priority date of September 5th) but I have not yet received the physical receipt in the mail.

I got my receipt notice with an evidence exception(required exception evidence will be notified later and I've to bring it at the time of interview). I have no clue of what it could be??. Any ideas??

Nebraska Service Center- Chicago District Office

Timeline
----------------------------

8-23-06: Application Sent
8-24-06: Priority Date (on the Receipt notice)
9/7/06: Notice Date

ebhs said:
I got my receipt notice with an evidence exception(required exception evidence will be notified later and I've to bring it at the time of interview). I have no clue of what it could be??. Any ideas??

Timeline

I just got my biometrics appointment in the mail today! This was much quicker than i expected but I suppose the real waiting game occurs once the FPs are taken.

eo23 said:
I just got my biometrics appointment in the mail today! This was much quicker than i expected but I suppose the real waiting game occurs once the FPs are taken.

eo23,
I am still waiting to receive my FP notice. Hope I did not lost it in the mail as our mail man proved many times messing up mail in our subdivision before. Any way to check if FP was issued on the website?.

Timeline

ebhs said:
eo23,
I am still waiting to receive my FP notice. Hope I did not lost it in the mail as our mail man proved many times messing up mail in our subdivision before. Any way to check if FP was issued on the website?.

Timeline

Unforunately not, the website is truly useful only after the FP are done since once the case number disappears online, this means that the application has actually been sent from the Nebraska Service Center to our Chicago DO. I would keep watching out for the mail.

If you are truly worried, I would call the Pulaski center directly (not sure what their number is) and ask them when you are scheduled for a FP (they are really nice and I am sure they would tell you). Here is their address:

PULASKI ASC
Super Mall
Space 101
5160 S. Pulaski Ave.
Chicago, IL 60632

Keep me posted!