How long does it take to get the actaul GC if husband is a citizen

wling

Registered Users (C)
My husband will have his interview for citizenship next week. We have been married for about 4 yours and I have been on H1B all this time. He will file for my I-130, I-485, EAD, Advance parole... as soon as he become a citizen. I know I should received the EAD and advance parole in a hew months, but I am not sure how long does it take to get the actual GC. We live in Atlanta, GA. Anyone have this experience ??

Also, I saw something about filing conditional Permanent Resident... what it that ? We never heard about this thing and have never done anything about it. I hope it won\'t affect my GC application.

Thanks!!

ask for quick turnaround on swearing in

when your husband has his interview i suggest you ask for a quick swearing in telling them you need to travel.
once he has the citizenship certificate in his hand you can then apply for i-130, i-485, etc.
another thing you can do to speed up the process is get the forms for the medical exam now and have the exam completed by one of their doctors plus vaccinations, etc.
i received my EAD card in less than 2 weeks in San Jose (INS hell traditionally at least!)
the other thing i did was i went over all the forms many, many times and even included a covering letter to ensure that everything was complete and well organized. this may motivate whoever opens your file to process things a bit quicker, who knows?

No Title

Thank You! Your suggestions are very helpful and make sense. I will follow your advice! Thanks again!

Need recomendation for civil sergeon in Atlanta, GA

I need to get my medical exam done for filling I-485. Is anyone can recomend a good civil sergeon in Atlanta area ? Thanks A Lot!

Can you let me know what you have filed in this field.

Hi:

I live in San Jose , CA and I am filing as the spouse of U.S citizen.
( my husband\'s citizen oath is scheduled on Jan 29, 2002) On I485 form part 2 about application type, should I check a, or H? I am not quite sure because, a says ...based on an immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number, or H, other basis of eligibility. I can then explain that my husband obtained his citizenship...

By the way, what is EAD? Is that a work permit?

Your kind reply is highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jenny