How long does it take to get receipt??

martinNYc

I mailed in my -485 more than 5 weeks ago myself, not through a lawyer and have not received a receipt. Should I be nervous at this point?

I applied for my EAD renewal 5 weeks ago and I haven't yet got a receipt yet. I only received a payment confirmation slip.
I called the INS officer today. They told they have sent a RFE in my case. They asked me to receive the RFE in a week or so.
My EAD is expiring May 26. So, anyone has any ideas what might have happened

delays in vermont receipts

My lawyer advised me late last week that they are expecting receipts for applications mailed as early as Jan.If that is true in most cases, you need not be worried....

My 485 papers were sent 4/07/03 and i guess i have a long wait too..

When you receive a receipt....could you pls remember to post it here...since it could help me to gestimate mine too...

Thanks,

finger-printing notice can count as receipt?

Well I filed my I-485 on 4/1/03 and received an appointment notice for finger-printing last week or so. I guess that can count as a receipt?

Would it still take long after the check for the fee is cashed? Mine was cashed yesterday. Really want to get the receipt to file for AP.

Bighead,.....Could you please let us know when you mailed your Application?The other folks could do that as well.

And my papers were sent on 04/07/03 and no receipt yet..

Thanks

I got the receipt on May 2. The RD is 4/18/03 and ND is 4/25/03. Sometimes, they are not processing the cases in time order.