How long does it take to get Plastic Card?

SreeRaj

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have stamped my passport after the approval on May 11th.
Could somebody please tell me how long it will take to get the PC?
Just want to get some idea on this.

Thanks
SreeRaj

Our plastic GCs took less than 3 weeks. Keep checking the online status.

Apparently, initial cards are cranked out pretty fast. (However, I have heard of some people waiting for 8 months. This seems to be the worst case scenario.)

Some say, "Since you are a LPR, who cares?" Well, let me tell ya. I know that receiving the envelope from Laguna Niguel, containing the plastic card, was a happy day. A very happy day because it concluded the GC journey once for all!

You'll get yours soon.

hi guys

I got approved yesterday. I have to go to the Chicago local office for approval. Did anyone go there for the approval.

Also when the plastic cards are sent, does the status on the same LIN number as the 485 application change.

How do I check the status for Plastic Card?

Hi,
I was trying to check the plastic card status using the WAC#, also where I was looking for my 485 status (for about 2 1/2 years).

It still says "This case has been approved ... blah ..blah" for 485.
And it is not saying anything about PC.

Could anybody help me out to look for this correctly at some place?

Thanks
SreeRaj

Yap, the online status will change to somethig like, "The new card order was completed....We sent the card out on....."

Keep looking, using the SAME I-485 approval WAC number. It will change soon.

Anyone here got stamped at the SFO office recently and received their cards. I would like to know from someone who got stamped at SFO office.

Thanks

Four weeks? That sounds awful quick. I got approved and got the stamp on March 2002. Took them 13 month to send me the plastic card.

Guys,

From where does the plastiuc card comes (for EB candidates), from local center where the PPs are stamped and fingerprints taken or from the service center where 485 was approved?.

Hi Folks,

I recently went through CP @ Delhi and came back to the U.S.A. via Dulles Airport where they stamped the I-551 in the passport valid for 1 year. I am seeking clarification regarding the GC status check that everyone is mentioning. All I have is the A# that they assigned in the immigrant visa papers in Delhi and the same was entered under the I-551 at the POE.

Please clarify,

Thx,

Rjain

JoeF said:
Haven't seen that question asked in quite some time ;)
The status check is only possible with a 13-digit CIS number. People who went through CP don't have that number. In theory, it is possible to get that number by calling a Service Center, and providing the person with the A#, so that they can give you the 13-digit number that is associated with the A#. In practice, though, that almost never works. First, it is nearly impossible to get through to any Service Center during business hours. Second, they usually say they can't find the A# in their system. It is a different computer system than their normal system, so it is more work to check it, so they usually don't bother...

So, the best thing is to just forget about it. The stamp is good enough for one year, and it has the same legal value as the actual card.

Thanks Joe for your quick response. Someone at work mentioned that it is the same # that was used for I-140, is that your understanding also or it seems like it's a totally new #?

Thx,

Rjain

swarav said:
Anyone here got stamped at the SFO office recently and received their cards. I would like to know from someone who got stamped at SFO office.

Thanks

I got stamped at SFO in 11/2003 and nothing yet. I don't know if it's processed in California or Nebraska where my I-485 was approved.