How long does it take to get actual green card in Detroit

Damnit

Registered Users (C)
How long does it take to get actual green card in Detroit. Please post your experience. Also what make a passport stamping different fro not having actual card?

Congrats!

Congrats Dude,

I am happy for you !.. I know you had been waiting for interview/ the letter for a long time and no feedback from anyone !..

Mine is also similar - waiting for the letter from Detroit (> 45 days now..) - but your case gives hopes to folks like me !..

aos interview experience

hello all....our interview was on march 10th, and it went very well, our passports got stamped....but let me start from the beginning..

we got to the office about 25-30 minutes early..called us in about 1 hr and 15 minutes late.

officer was very very nice. she asked us to take oath, then proceeded to take our fingerprints and signatures. said, normally one interview takes about 1 to 1.5 hours but you guys should be out in 10-15 minutes.

all the while she kept talking about our baby. also asked for baby's birth certificate (copy).

then she asked for EVL (original and copy)

then paystubs, I asked her how far back she wanted me to go, she said just give me the latest one and a few W-2's ( I was getting a little nervous taking out the documents, but she asked me to relax saying everything is fine).

asked the usual questions....illegal entry, etc to both of us

didn't ask about birth certs/marriage cert/bank statements.

asked about my medical clearance
then she proceeded to check if visa numbers were available and then stamped our passports.

overall it was a very positive experience, we were in the interview for about 15 minutes.

my advice to everyone: take all the documents you think they might need. better to be cautious and safe.

thank you to everyone for their tips and advice.