how long does it take to get a denied mail after the interview?

gandrud

Registered Users (C)
Hello People,

I will try to tell you guys what the Officer told me at the end of my hearing (USCIS-Anaheim-California)

My interview was very long (4:30 minutes) However it was very calm and positive. The Officer said "I'm the Officer who will approve or deny your case, so if you don't lie to me, everything will be fine".

At the end of my hearing he asked me if I had any crimes back in my country and If I was involved in any kind of terrorism group.

I said "no".

Then he said "Ok, our interview is finished and I will send your case to Washington D.C. so they can do the background check back in Brazil".

The Officer asked me to sign a paper so they could mail the final decision. He also said "Don't worry! The agents in D.C. are very busy and it'll take over 2 months"

---> It's been 2 months and 15 days and I haven't gotten anything from them!
---> Does "background check" mean that my case was approved? Because from what I've been reading, usually a "denied letter" comes after 2 weeks and It doesnt take 2.5 months to say "NO", right?

The ones who were approved, could you please give me some hope?

Thank you so much

M,

Don't worry gandrud, most of the times asylum decisions take up to 6 months (or even more), based on what you describe, your case will be approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Asylum

Hey Ivan,
Thank you so much for your support. You have no idea how hard it is, actually Im sure you have. It's very painfull when I think about "going back to my country" fearing for my life.
Please keep in touch.

Asylum

Thank you so much Ivan.
Do you have msn?
Phone number?
Where are you from? What happened to you?

@ gandrud
I have a feeling that soon you'll get your approval letter, you know usually the AO didn't tell you right away after the interview if they are going to approve or deny you case. but on your case the officer dropped you a hint that he/she will send your case to D.C. for the background check which is positive. you know from what i see on many people if they want to deny your case they did it immedietaly after two weeks without wasting time. on my case I waited for 5 months before I got my approval letter. good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try to tell you guys what the Officer told me at the end of my hearing (USCIS-Anaheim-California)

My interview was very long (4:30 minutes) However it was very calm and positive. The Officer said "I'm the Officer who will approve or deny your case, so if you don't lie to me, everything will be fine".

At the end of my hearing he asked me if I had any crimes back in my country and If I was involved in any kind of terrorism group.

I said "no".

Then he said "Ok, our interview is finished and I will send your case to Washington D.C. so they can do the background check back in Brazil".

The Officer asked me to sign a paper so they could mail the final decision. He also said "Don't worry! The agents in D.C. are very busy and it'll take over 2 months"

---> It's been 2 months and 15 days and I haven't gotten anything from them!
---> Does "background check" mean that my case was approved? Because from what I've been reading, usually a "denied letter" comes after 2 weeks and It doesnt take 2.5 months to say "NO", right?

The ones who were approved, could you please give me some hope?

Thank you so much

M,