How Long does it take for RTD Expedite request to be processed

alexei

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone.
I have a question to those who have previously filed I131 with the request to expedite the processing.

After I filed the Expedite Request with Nebraska Service Center, I have received a confirmation letter; however, it says absolutely nothing about the expedite request. Can any one tell me what does it mean: does it mean that my expedite request was denied Or the processing officer simply does not state anything about expedite processing even though the aplication undergoes the expedite processing.

And ALso how long does it usually take to recieve RTD after expedite request? In my case it has been almost 50 days. I have no idea what to do?

Any suggestions? Some of you, I read, asked for a help from your district congressman. Let me know if it is a something i should do.

Thanks a lot in advance all of you

the second time if got my RTD I asked for expedit processing, I got my Confermation letter Jan 22. 2005 and the RTD arrived on Feb 2, 2005 almost 10 days which it was immpresing form INS.

So in my confermation lettter i did not see anything, justg a usuall letter.

God luck.,

Nas

Did you receive the confirmation letter on Jan 22, or they received your I-131 on Jan 22? Thanks.

nasrmobin said:
the second time if got my RTD I asked for expedit processing, I got my Confermation letter Jan 22. 2005 and the RTD arrived on Feb 2, 2005 almost 10 days which it was immpresing form INS.

So in my confermation lettter i did not see anything, justg a usuall letter.

God luck.,

Nas

alexei said:
Hello everyone.
I have a question to those who have previously filed I131 with the request to expedite the processing.

After I filed the Expedite Request with Nebraska Service Center, I have received a confirmation letter; however, it says absolutely nothing about the expedite request. Can any one tell me what does it mean: does it mean that my expedite request was denied Or the processing officer simply does not state anything about expedite processing even though the aplication undergoes the expedite processing.

And ALso how long does it usually take to recieve RTD after expedite request? In my case it has been almost 50 days. I have no idea what to do?

Any suggestions? Some of you, I read, asked for a help from your district congressman. Let me know if it is a something i should do.

Thanks a lot in advance all of you

Your expedite request did not go through; the confirmation is probably just a receipt for the I-131 filing. You will have to fax them a letter stating the reason(s) why the application needs to be expedited. Call the 800 number on the receipt and they will give you the fax number. A week later, they will mail you a decision - whether a rejection letter, or your Travel Document.

That is what I did.
I filled up te application and where they said what is the porpuse of the travel I wrote in the seperate sheet and explain what is my problem and the everything else. I got the confermation letter dated Jan. 22nd and I got my new RTD on Feb 2nd,
That is all about, I figured that out which they saw the letter of expedite, because at the time I applied the were processing the application for october, so I think they saw my letter.

Good luck

Thanks, Guys, for your commenets, I called this morning to 1-800 number, and they gave me a fax of one of the officers who reviews the cases, So I faxed them a sort of reminder about my emergent situation, hopefully everything will go smooth.

So here is the fax number: 402.323.2594 and it belnogs to Gregory W. Christian
Deputy Center Director of Nebraska Service Center.

Did you provide your expedite request letter with your application before? Also, please let us know your result. Thank you!

Rtd 131 Expedite Request Help???

I have never filed expedite request before, So that was my first time submitting RTD 131 application with the expedite request, and rather than paying money to various agencies, I have decided to fill up all the documents myself. I attached an explanation letter, stating that i have emergent situation due to the fact that my grandparent is sick and I need to visit him. I have also attached the copy of the medical record issued by his physician. Put a big red label "EXPEDITE REQUEST" on both envelope and explanation letter.

I have received conformation letter from USCIS on April 22, 2005 and that was it.

SO far my expedite case stuck in the middle of nowhere, I have contacted customer service (they have no a simple clue about a status of my case accept what says on the web), they gave me a fax number to submit a follow up letter ( a sort of reminder to wake them up), I have sent 3 faxes already, it has been over a ten days and no response at all.

I called to the customer service again, and they transferred me to the officer who according to them could provide me with more information about my case. And when i called him he could not tell my anything new accept disappointing news that the fax number I was previously given is useless and they do not really pay attention to the received fax letters.

Having learned that I am in a quite dead end situation and I can not afford to wait any longer, I called one of my attorneys for a help. So as a result they are contacting on my behalf to my congressman Tom Lantos.

Have any one previously seeked for assistance form the congressman and how promising is this procedure???

Hey FOLKS, please leave any kind of comments or advise. I greatly appreciate

Coment

I see, you should tell your story frist and then ask for diffrent stuff,

I have sent letters to senators in California, the process is not bad, you could do it by your self, you do not need attorny for this stuff, they just charge you, unless they have real connection which is 1 in 1000.

The percedure is, once you send a letter to your congressman they will follow-up your case with USCIS, and after a while they will give you answer, the process time is vary but for your situation probably like two weeks,
Friend of mine got his RTD (expedite) through HIS congressman in two weeks(Atlanta), make sure if you want to do it, just because of not wasting time, send them all your stuff, I mean your information, the medical paper for your relative, the reason, and whole bunch of information so they won't delay in process.

Best wishes,

Nas

nasrmobin said:
I see, you should tell your story frist and then ask for diffrent stuff,

I have sent letters to senators in California, the process is not bad, you could do it by your self, you do not need attorny for this stuff, they just charge you, unless they have real connection which is 1 in 1000.

The percedure is, once you send a letter to your congressman they will follow-up your case with USCIS, and after a while they will give you answer, the process time is vary but for your situation probably like two weeks,
Friend of mine got his RTD (expedite) through HIS congressman in two weeks(Atlanta), make sure if you want to do it, just because of not wasting time, send them all your stuff, I mean your information, the medical paper for your relative, the reason, and whole bunch of information so they won't delay in process.

Best wishes,

Nas

Yesterday, I asked my lawyer on expedited RTD (if I get some job at UN abroad). He told me that in the past, with a letter from UN, he got RTD processed in 48 Hrs!!! I am not exaggerating !! He showed me copies of RTD applications and processing dates !!! That is the good news. The bad news is that he said that only for UN related cases that he could get expedited RTDs with this timeframe.