How long does it take for an officer to make the decision?

william_cn

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,

Today I called a IIO and she told me that my case was sent to the officer this morning, and it may takes as long as 4 weeks for the officer to make a decision. By the way, my RFE was sent by INS on Jan. 29th, 2003, and my response was received by INS on Feb. 24th, 2003. It already takes more than a month for it to go to the officer.

Could somebody tells me that normally it takes how long for the officer to make the decision, does it really need a month?

Thanks a lot!

William

Hi

In my case INS received reply for RFE in March, 18th. Senator's office informed me that it is with an officer now and it will take 4-6 weeks. I don't why they need this much time as the initial evaluation is already done.

My LIN# is LIN012675xxxx. I replied to RFE in Dec 3rd week. INS received it on 12/26/02. I am still waiting for the approval. Last month I called the IIO, and there answer was to wait for 30 days till March end. I called them again today, and today I received the same answer, wait another 30-60 days. I have lost all my hopes and have no faith with this system

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!!!

William / Girish

It usually takes anywhere between 1 to 6 weeks for the case to be assigned back to the officer. My RFE was received by INS on Dec 19th. The case was reassigned to the officer on Jan 21st (a month after receipt). The Approval came on March 19th, exactly 2 months after it was assigned back.

Girish, I can understand your frustration. Try to find out when it was reassigned to the officer. In my opinion you should be getting it any time.

William, Hang on in there. You will most probably get it in a few weeks (based on the current trend) - with a worse case scenario of 4 weeks.

Thanks Zero.

My case is reassigned to officer on 12/30/2002. I called the IIOs in early JAN and FEB to find out. Both the time they told me the same that "it is with officer (and that is she) and was assigned to her on 12/30/2002"

I guess the only thing I can do is wait forever

Girish,
I was in your shoes exactly a few days back with LIN01273xxxxx.
I got the same reply from the IIOs when I called them. I called them in Jan and was told that my case was assigned in Dec to an officer and it will take 2-3 months. I called in Feb they said the same. I called on Mar 1 they said it will take another month. So I left the hope and within 10 days my case was approved. So never lose hope and hang in there and keep checking your AVM and online status u may be approved anytime.

Hope this helps William.

Thanks PK77 and Zero!

My special case is that my FP will be more than 15 months old after mid April, I am really afraid that they may let me to do the 2nd FP.

believe who?

called IIO on 12/26/02, she said case assigned to officer on 12/23
called IIO on 2/23/02, she said case assigned to officer on 1/19
called IIO on 3/23/02, she said case not assigned to officer
called IIO on 3/31/02, she said she can not tell if the case has been assigned to officer from the screen

what's the hell is that?

Anlyali - I personally do not think most of the IIO's give out the correct information. But if someone says it is assigned to an officer and if they give you a date when it is assigned, I would probably think it indeed was assigned to an officer just on the argument that they would not make up the date out of the blues.

William_cn - Yes, if the finger prints are more than 15 months old you will have to do a 2nd fingerprinting. But my understanding is that they will try to approve the case if it is coming close to fingerprint expiry date provided they feel that they have all the info or issue a fingerprint notice and schedule the FP's as soon as practical with in less than 2 to 3 weeks. Hope for the best my friend and hang in tight.

Good luck everyone