How long does it take for 485 approval after FP (code 1)

sms25

Registered Users (C)
I am in the last stage of GC processing. All security/FP checks are complete and waiting for 485 approval. I had appeared for FP (code 1) on 10/21/06. When can I expect 485 approval? Appreciate inputs.

Thanks, SMS

Hi Sms25:

How do you know, u are in the last stages. Do you know, that for sure, that your case does not have name check issues. if yes, how did u find out.

Please advise.

Thx

sms25 said:
Almost 2 weeks no response as yet. I take it - it takes more than that.

SMS25,

We are in similar situation. My name check was cleared early Oct., got the 2nd FP notice code 1 last week (1st FP code 3 done in June 2005), got it done Oct. 31, wating for 485 ...

compressible said:
SMS25,

We are in similar situation. My name check was cleared early Oct., got the 2nd FP notice code 1 last week (1st FP code 3 done in June 2005), got it done Oct. 31, wating for 485 ...
Hopefully, within 2 weeks. It takes one week to get results. Just start counting your days...

assur said:
Hopefully, within 2 weeks. It takes one week to get results. Just start counting your days...

On same boat here..
NC Cleared on 5/26.
PD current in October.
FP2 done on 10/14.
Still counting..........

gcva said:
On same boat here..
NC Cleared on 5/26.
PD current in October.
FP2 done on 10/14.
Still counting..........
You are not too far, be ready for good news...

Lets hope :)

assur said:
You are not too far, be ready for good news...

Recently, I noticed few cases on this forum who waited for much longer than couple weeks (with everything else clear).

Through Congressman

njrirlabor said:
Hi Sms25:

How do you know, u are in the last stages. Do you know, that for sure, that your case does not have name check issues. if yes, how did u find out.

Please advise.

Thx

We came to know through congressman first and later ourseleves verified with VSC representatives.

Just received emails this morning about 485 RFE for me and my wife.

2nd FP done on Oct. 31 code 1. NC is cleared in early Oct.

Wait to see what kind RFE will be...

I had a LUD on I485 today.

But yesterday congressman office did make a call to VSC asking a status on our I485 and they said everything is complete and expect a decision within 60 days........... Not sure if LUD is a result of the congressman query.

sms25 said:
I had a LUD on I485 today.

But yesterday congressman office did make a call to VSC asking a status on our I485 and they said everything is complete and expect a decision within 60 days........... Not sure if LUD is a result of the congressman query.

I don't think there will be any LUD's with congress man enquiry.I think, your file is under review by an officer and LUD may be corresponding to that.You will expect good news pretty soon.

Just get RFE letter this afternoon, it is about I-693 immunization supplemental form (Doctor forgot including this form). I have sent RFE out before Post Office was closed.

Usually how long it takes to see update after sending out RFE?

Let's wait and see ...

sms25 said:
Hope - it to be a small and quicky. Good Luck!

Same situation NC cleared

I am in same situation NC cleared. I gave FP2 on oct,12.
Still no LUD and no update in case.
I received letter that decision will be made in 60 days.
God only can help.

VVB

gcva said:
I don't think there will be any LUD's with congress man enquiry.I think, your file is under review by an officer and LUD may be corresponding to that.You will expect good news pretty soon.
I called VSC on 18OCT06 inquiring my I485, but didn`t get it. So, I talked to a costumer service representative using 1800.. # and was told that they were send a request of inquiry to VSC (REF.# T1F291060). Now, yesterday I noted a LUD on mine and my wifes`GC case.
I`m surprised, cause last inquiry 6 mo ago, I didn`t get any LUD. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to think earlier that LUD is these situations is a very good sign. I had seen many approvals in this forum within next or couple days of LUD, if everything else is clear. But not in my case....... I guess one needs a bit of luck as well.......

Just received confirmation emails from USCIS today that they have received my responses to 485 RFE. I sent out vai USPS priority mail on Nov. 9, so it is very quick.

compressible said:
Just get RFE letter this afternoon, it is about I-693 immunization supplemental form (Doctor forgot including this form). I have sent RFE out before Post Office was closed.

Usually how long it takes to see update after sending out RFE?

Let's wait and see ...