How long does INS take ..

pappu12

I had my marriage-based AOS interview in Mid-April 2002 at the Houston INS Office. The INS officer told us to submit some more documents within 4 months. My Lawyer submitted those documents the very next day.

After 4 months, we enquired about the processing of our case, and the INS represtative there told us that the she could not find the case file and asked us to check back after 2 months.

Do any of you people know through past exp. or knowledge, how long does INS take? How long is the freeze been going on?

Any help be greatly appreciated! Kind Regards,

p.s I recently got my EAD renewed on Jan 6 2003.

I had my interview in Houston as well 2 months ago. They told me that there was a freeze due to security checks. I did get my GC 3 weeks later though. From the reports I have read, ther freeze has begun to to be lifted in various offices across the nation. I would go directly to the INS office to do a status inquiry. You will need to be there early in the am. Make sure u have proof of the extra docs requested. They should be able to tell you something about the case. You can also file a motion to get status inquiry. I would go directly to the office. 7 months is way too long not to act upon the case.