How long does 485 approval take after code 3 biometrics done

enqueued

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know how long does 485 approval take after code 3 biometrics are done, given there are no issues with any other things. I got mine done today.

Thanks.

enqueued said:
Does anyone know how long does 485 approval take after code 3 biometrics are done, given there are no issues with any other things. I got mine done today.

Thanks.
~1 month - 1.21 years

enqueued -I have a question

What does code 3 mean in the biometrics 797 notice?

ni12

could take 3 yrs after FP to receive i-485 approval

enqueued said:

Thanks.

yes, thats what happened to my working collegea here.
but i also have a friend that got approval 6 months after that.
please update when you have your status change

enqueued said:

Thanks.

My fingerprinting was done mid-May 2006, my I-485 was approved mid-July, so 2 months in my case.

My fingerprinting Code 3 was done on 07/27/2006. I485 and EAD approved on 07/28/2006. email recieved on 07/29/2006. Cards ordered 07/29/2006.

gbn_17 said:
My fingerprinting Code 3 was done on 07/27/2006. I485 and EAD approved on 07/28/2006. email recieved on 07/29/2006. Cards ordered 07/29/2006.
May I ask your I-140 received date and approval date and your processed service center?
My FP code 3 was done on 7/31/2006. My I-140,I-131,I-765 has no updates since 7/15.
My I-485 has updates of 8/1 and 8/7 since FP.
Is there anything wrong with my I-140, I-131 & I-765?
Thanks!
EB-2, worldwide, processed by TSC

Received FP Code 3 Notice but no LUD

Hi, I am in the same boat. I-485/I-140/EAD/AP concurrent filing receipt date 9/7/06. no change in LUDs of any of them. I received Code 3 FP notice today for FP on 10/25. Is it possible that without I140 approval one can get FP notice? does receiving FP early signifies that there is hope of I-140/EAD/AP approval soon?

Thanks. AM.

phc said:
May I ask your I-140 received date and approval date and your processed service center?
My FP code 3 was done on 7/31/2006. My I-140,I-131,I-765 has no updates since 7/15.
My I-485 has updates of 8/1 and 8/7 since FP.
Is there anything wrong with my I-140, I-131 & I-765?
Thanks!
EB-2, worldwide, processed by TSC

Trends in 485 approval

It is impossible to guess trends in 485 approvals.

It could take few days to multiple years.

In my case 485 receipt to 485 approval was slightly over 3 weeks. My EAD approval and 485 approval came within 10 days of each other.

Of late, I have noticed that EB1C at TSC is taking less than 4 weeks consistently. So, there seem to be a trend.

Hi,

I got an appointment for Code 3 FP. It just asks me to bring the appointment letter and a valid ID (passport, driver's license) for the appointment. But I saw in USCIS website that one has to fill out some form and have money-order or cashier's check of $70. So do I really need to make the cashier's check/money order and take it with me or do I just need to take the appointment letter and a valid ID?

katrinas said:
Hi,

I got an appointment for Code 3 FP. It just asks me to bring the appointment letter and a valid ID (passport, driver's license) for the appointment. But I saw in USCIS website that one has to fill out some form and have money-order or cashier's check of $70. So do I really need to make the cashier's check/money order and take it with me or do I just need to take the appointment letter and a valid ID?

Did you not send a check of $70 (biometrics fee) along with the application fee ($315) when you submitted your I-485?

Hi geofu54,

Thanks for your reply. I know the lawyer filed I-485 application but not sure if he already paid for finger-printing fee as well. Is it possible to get the appointment letter when the fee wasn't paid before?

katrinas said:
Hi geofu54,

Thanks for your reply. I know the lawyer filed I-485 application but not sure if he already paid for finger-printing fee as well. Is it possible to get the appointment letter when the fee wasn't paid before?

(Sorry, it is $325, not $315... my typo in the above post).

You are supposed to pay for I-485 and FP at the time of filing the application, so I think your attorney must have sent the fee for you. If these are your personal checks, see if they are cleared or not... or just ask your attorney.

My I140, EAD, AOS and AP are filed concurrently. My FP is already done and my EAD has already been approved. If I upgrade my I140 to premium processing, do you think if my AOS and AP also get processed faster by default? Or do you think AOS, AP would still take the same time regardless I140 is done premum or not.

My code 3 FP was done in Apr. 2006

My code 3 was done in March 2006 but still has not recived any letter of apporval of I 485
Some say it only takes 8 weeks after code 3 FP and I 485 gets apporved

IS IT TRUE???
:confused:
_________
I 140 - Sept. 2003 (approved)
I 485 - Aug. 2004
FP - Code1 , code 2, code 3 (Mar. 2006)

FP can be up to 3 times.

maltimonroe said:
My code 3 was done in March 2006 but still has not recived any letter of apporval of I 485
Some say it only takes 8 weeks after code 3 FP and I 485 gets apporved

IS IT TRUE???
:confused:
_________
I 140 - Sept. 2003 (approved)
I 485 - Aug. 2004
FP - Code1 , code 2, code 3 (Mar. 2006)
=========================================================
sorry to say this. I am going to repeat what i wrote:
a friend of mine did FP code 3 three times.
you know why? because the FP is only falid for a year.
so, if we are not approved in a year after FP, they ll send us
another appointment/invite letter.
again and again.....

there is also few percentage of people who dont need to repeat the FP because the approval takes shorter than a year.
:)

Background Check

Hi all,

I got a letter from USCIS after a status enquiry about no lud on FP last year. So they sent me a letter saying my Background check is not complete. I think its Name Check as name is very common name. Am I right to assume that it is Name check ? Any suggestions from gurus?
Thanx

Looks like it

Hi,
Looks like you are struck in namecheck. It is loosely referred to as "Security check", "Background check", "Name check"