How long do we wait to see approval once a case is assigned?

eyl1001

Registered Users (C)
My case is WAC-01-293: RD 8/31/01 and ND 9/24/01.
IIO confirmed just a few minutes ago that all the cases of my family were assigned 4/15/02. My wife and I had FP 1/16/02 and INS received the result 1/19/02. How long should we wait to see approvals? What was the average waiting period from the case assignment to approval in the past? Will a new security check procedure delay approvals even after FP? Any wisdom will be appreciated.

It takes 2-4 weeks for approval usually.

but, there have been some instances where applicants have waited much longer. I guess it depends on the location of your file in the pile with the officer.
Anyways, you should hear from INS soon.
Good Luck.

soi

Thanks, soi

Your response gave me some idea where I am standing. I guess dialing CSC for two hours to get the assigned date was worth trying. Thanks again.

not in my case

I was hoping for the 2-3 weeks too, but didn\'t happen for me. When INS replied for my fax enquiry a while back, it said the app was assigned to an officer. No approval yet..

Hi, kriore, what fax no. did you use for the fax inquiry, and when?

I used the old fax inquiry form, my case is beyond JIT time. no response from INS at all, since you got their response, seems your fax no. is right. Will appreciate it very much if you could share the fax no. thanks.

faxed my enquiry

to : (949)389-3055. I guess this is the same number
everyone here knows about.

I know, its too much spooky, that they not only bothered
to look at it but also responded back. I took a real long
thought to see if it was not some kind of prank.

not sure..

they replied on 1st April (ya, I know the date is spooky too) for an enquiry I sent on 3/28. Someone wrote "case is pending - An officer is assigned to adjudicate this case"

That\'s it nothing more.

i got the same response from INS

Do you think that sending too much fax inquiry will result in problem on the application?

Jimmy

Looks like that is a standard reply

Only time will tell. If you get approvals soon, then maybe the INS response was correct. Else, just an eyewash.

soi

faxed me back.

SOI, they basically wrote that one liner at the bottom
of my fax enquiry sheet and faxed me back.