How long do I have time before departing united states after my I-140 petition was denied?

princetn

I petitioned for green card using I-140 NIW advanced degree on october 2012 and filed simultaneously for I485, I131 and I765. I obtained ead card with the travel document authorization in same card on mid january. on mid febuary i received an RFE for my I140 petition. I responded on mid may to the RFE. Today I recieved an email notice that they mailed me a notice of denial for my I140. 1)I would like to know how long I have time to depart the united states? 2)I assume the travel document/work permit card (EAD) is canceled immediately?

You don't leave US if 140 got denied. Just follow the process in the denial letter and USCIS decides if they can consider you.Ask for reason about your denial.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

Too late I already planned and booked my plane so I am departing this Saturday. The problem is if it was denied it means the officer saw that my petition cannot be granted. So there is nothing I can do about it. He was not convinced by my documents. I did my best invested my precious time and money toward this but since this officer deemed that I am not qualified enough for the national interest waiver I believe it is time for me to start thinking about settling down in my home country and begin working on building my life there since I am fairly still young instead of wasting more time. I am not going to spend my whole life working on immigration papers. at least I go back home early that way I can easily and have time to adapt with the system back home.