How long can receive card after passport stamping

Sep1_TSC485

Registered Users (C)
My spouse and I had passport stamped on 3/22. Officer requested approval notice(using the one we received, attorney haven't received the other one yet), passport, I-94, latest EAD, latest AP, 2 photos, though we brought other docs including H1-B, all EADs and APs(we have 3 EADs and 3 APs) just in case.

I wonder how long we should wait for final plastic card arriving.

Today we had our passport stamped. Officer asked for my Approval Letter, Passport, I-94 and 2 photos (that's it). No AP, EAD or anything. She told me that it might take between 6 months to 12 months to get the actual card.
In most of my friend's case, if it is through TSC, it usually takes 21 to 30 days to get the card. One of my other friend whose 485 got adjusted through Nebraska and his approval was done 6 months back. So far he didn't receive his card yet.
So, we have to wait I guess.

srisubu

What do they put on the stamp of date you become a PR, the I485 approval notice date, or the date you have the stamp? thanks.

thanks, nett.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere in this forum that the approval notice date is the actually starting date of PR, thus I would assume that is the date being stamped on the pp. I'm still confused...

I don't think there is much difference. In my case it is less than a week b/w the two dates.

They put the stamping expiration date as 03/23/06 with my A# and the officer#. I don't see any stamping date in my stamping.

I just got email saying cards have been ordered for both spouse and myself on 3/24, just two days after passport stamping. It is real fast for CIS these days.

Sep1_TSC,
How does the message read now in your case about card order? Can you please post.
In my case it say:
"On March 22nd after approving the application we have ordered a new card. You will receive the card as soon as it is ready".
I have not done my PP stamping yet. I called the customer service and they have less knowlwdge than what I know. She could not explain why the message reads like this and would not transfer to officer either. Those are bunch of online message readers.

Thanks,

Pardeshi

pardeshi1,
It reads as following.
"On March 24, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a
new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."
Good luck.

Sep1_TSC485 said:
pardeshi1,
It reads as following.
"On March 24, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a
new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."
Good luck.
Could you tell which area you did your stamp. I did the same day and haven't received the email. I don't how long it take for local CIS to send the info to TSC.
Thanks

My spouse and I just got email today(3/29) saying the card order was completed and mailed to us. Hopefully we can receive them by this weeked.

our PS was done on March 16th. No updates/email yet. Is it normal?

485 ND: 09/2002
485 AD: 02/2005
PS: 03/16/2005

psunilk said:
our PS was done on March 16th. No updates/email yet. Is it normal?

485 ND: 09/2002
485 AD: 02/2005
PS: 03/16/2005

Me too. Hope we will receive card in a week.

Both spouse and myself received the plastic card last Friday (4/1/2005), now the green card journey is finally over. Thanks all in this forum for the contribution and sharing info.

We got our passports stamped in Miami on Mar 2, but haven't received any information about the card yet. Since then the LUD changed twice.

Has anyone from Miami, who got stamping done around that time, receive their cards yet?

Regards,
Suflalae.

We did our PS in miami on March 23rd. CO on April 1st and CM on April 5th. Hopefully we will get our card within few days.

Got PP stamped on Mar 24 in San Jose. No LUD change or email as of today. Can somebody tell who will issue my Plastic card(TSC or CSC)

willgetthere said:
Got PP stamped on Mar 24 in San Jose. No LUD change or email as of today. Can somebody tell who will issue my Plastic card(TSC or CSC)
The service center where you filed your 485 is the one sends request to the card printing center here in Corbin, Kentucky. Printing center prints the card with in a day after getting the request (in my experience. see my signature :D ) and will be mailed immediately to the applicants. :D