How long can one be out of Canada ??

GCcomesoon

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,

I have received my Immigration papers & I will be landing in Canada very soon.I have job in the US & I intend to come back after I apply for SIN,PR,Health Card & all that formalities.

Now my question is Once I get my PR Card , Passport stamped for my entry in Canada, How long can I stay out of canada ??

If I want to maintain the immigrant status , how soon do I have my next trip to Canada ???

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sandeep

Originally posted by srdiwakar
Hi ,

I have received my Immigration papers & I will be landing in Canada very soon.I have job in the US & I intend to come back after I apply for SIN,PR,Health Card & all that formalities.

Yo uwill have to wait for 3 months to be eligible for Health Card. You need to proof of residence to apply and get the Health Card.

Now my question is Once I get my PR Card , Passport stamped for my entry in Canada, How long can I stay out of canada ??

3years. Make sure you get a stamp in your passport on the day you leave Canada.

If I want to maintain the immigrant status , how soon do I have my next trip to Canada ???
According to the new laws, you are allowed to be out of Canada for 3 years in a 5 year period. If you are out for 3 years then you will have to stay in Canada for 2 years without any interruption

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sandeep